How do I send payments using PayPal?
In Japan, you can send a payment to anyone at the email address linked to their PayPal account. The transaction will be funded by your available PayPal balance, or a credit or debit card linked to your PayPal account. Learn more about how to link a card.
Here's how to send a payment from your PayPal account:
- Click Send and Request at the top of the page.
- Click Pay for goods or services.
- Enter the recipient's email address, and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to send and select the shipping address, and click Continue.
- Click Change payment method if you want to select a different funding source.
- Review your payment information, and click Send Payment Now.
Your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you can select another currency on the payment page.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive a notification email. If the recipient's account is required to complete identity confirmation, they must complete the process first before they can accept your payment.
Preferred way to pay
You can select a debit or credit card as your preferred funding source, and we'll use it when you shop online or send a payment for goods or services. If you don't set any preference, your PayPal balance (if available) will be your default way to pay.
Here's how to set your preference:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Change next to "Online purchases."
- Select your preferred card, and click Confirm.
You were logged out to help protect your account.