All in one place.
All your money is held securely in one place. We can help protect buyers, sellers, businesses and payment methods of any flavour.
If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers your eligible online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal.
For more information, User Agreement
You bought a book but got a DVD, you bought a new item but got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged in transit, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knock-off instead. Tell us.
If the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, if you fail to open a dispute within 180 days of purchase, or if your account is not in good standing, you are mostly likely not covered.
Items Not Covered
Items like real estate, motorised vehicles (of any kind), custom-made items, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies, anything you buy in person, or money transfers to friends or family.
If you received an unauthorised payment or a buyer claims he never received his item, our Seller Protection can help you get the full amount of an eligible payment, subject of a claim, chargeback, or reversal and waive the chargeback fee, if applicable. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be protected.
For more information, see our User Agreement
Terms and Conditions
Seller Protection can cover tangible and intangible items (including services, travel and tickets) paid for in one installment with PayPal and, where applicable, shipped to the shipping address registered during the transaction (see our User Agreement).
Documentation to be provided
A - Tangible items:
Keep the proof of postage and proof of delivery for the goods that you sell. They may be requested in case of a dispute.
B – Intangible Items (including services, tickets, and travel):
We will ask you to provide proof of delivery or use of the object sold by the customer or, as the case may be, proof that the service provided was properly implemented.
Exemptions from the program
Our Seller Protection program does not cover:
- Items not authorised by our Acceptable Use Policy or prohibited by law
- Licenses for digital content and digital goods
- Claims, Chargebacks and Reversals for Significantly Not as Described
- Items that you deliver (or are picked up) in person
- Transactions made through Zong or Virtual Terminal (if available)
- Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards)
- Payments made in respect of financial products and investments
- Items bought via classified listings
- Payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form)
- PayPal Mass Payment transactions
- Disputes filed directly with PayPal in the Resolution Centre
- Check the shipping address: never send your item to an address that is different from the one provided by PayPal.
- Track your item: always use a shipping service that includes an online tracking system and proof of delivery, as you can reassure your worried customers by providing a tracking number.
- Keep your customers informed: if there are unforeseen delivery delays, remember to tell your customers.
- Identify high-risk behaviour: multiple orders to the same address in a short space of time, orders for high-risk countries, etc. In case of doubt, do not hesitate to call your customer to check the contact information and the identity of the card holder. If you think it is a fraud, cancel the transaction and do not send the order.
We're here to help
In case of unauthorised transactions, buyer claims, or any other problems you may have, we will help you find a solution. Contact our Customer Service.
Who you are is how you pay
Your memory protects your login information and lets you pay without exposing your card details. If you forget your login, you can use your privacy questions to get back into your account. If you forget those, contact us and we'll help you remember.
When a buyer requests a chargeback or payment reversal from their credit card company, PayPal may need to refund the amount to the buyer, so they're happy. We put a hold on the funds in the seller's account until the issue is resolved. We're involved at every step of the process and will keep everyone informed.
We never close
We monitor every transaction, 24/7 to prevent against fraud, email phishing and identity theft. Every transaction is heavily guarded behind our advanced encryption. If something seems fishy, or phishy, our dedicated team of security specialists will identify suspicious activity and help protect you from fraudulent transactions. Remember, we will never ask for any sensitive information from you in an email.
World class security
Buy or sell across any border in your currency. We can process 25 currencies from 202 countries and markets and convert them for your convenience. Your money is so well-travelled.