Simple, straight forward, no surprises.
Free in Belgium - PayPal is free whenever you use it to buy something or make a payment in Belgium. The seller pays us a small fee to securely process your payment. As a buyer, we will not charge you to use PayPal unless it involves currency conversion.
Small fee - PayPal charges sellers a fee of between 1,7% and 3,4% on the total sale amount plus €0,35 EUR per transaction. The fee depends on how much you sell, the more you sell, the less you pay. See full breakdown of seller fees for discounted rates and other pricing information.
Usually Free - Sending money to friends and family in Belgium is free for you and the recipient when you fund the transfer with your bank account or pay from your PayPal balance. You can also use a credit card or make an international transfer for a small fee.
- Buying something:
- free in Belgium
- Selling something:
- Starts at 3,4% of total amount plus €0,35 EUR per transaction.
- Discounted Merchant Rate:
- As low as 1,7% + €0,35 EUR based on volume of sales or invoices.
- Discounted Rate for eligible nonprofits:
- Flat rate of 1,7% + €0,35 EUR
- International sales:
- Additional charges apply for currency conversion and cross border payments.
- Transferring money in Belgium
- Free when you use your bank account or PayPal balance to send the money in the euro zone.
- Credit card fee:
- 3,4% + €0,35 EUR per transaction (the sender decides who pays this fee).
- Transferring money outside the EEE:
- Small cross border fee of between 0.4% to 1.8% (depending on where you’re sending the money). A transaction fee of 5.2% + 0,35€ will also apply if you use a debit or credit card to send the money.
|Your monthly sales||up to €2.500 EUR||up to €10.000 EUR||up to €50.000 EUR||up to €100.000 EUR||> €100.000 EUR|
|Transaction fee||3,4% + €0,35 EUR||2,9% + €0,35 EUR||2,3% + €0,35 EUR||1,9% + €0,35 EUR||1,7% + €0,35 EUR|
|Non-profit rate||1,7% + €0,35 EUR|
|Micropayments*||5% + €0,05 EUR|
| You can apply for these Merchant Rates if you’ve received more than €2.500 in PayPal payments in the previous calendar month. If you’re eligible for these Merchant Rates, log in to your PayPal account and apply via the online form. Please note that the 1,7% + €0,35 EUR transaction rate does not apply to Website Payments Pro. |
* You can apply for Micropayments if your average transaction is under €10 EUR. To apply call us on 0800 50970.
This pricing table shows the transaction fees for domestic payments in euros. Additional charges apply for currency conversions and cross border payments as well as refunds and chargebacks. See all terms and conditions in the PayPal User Agreement.
|Transferring money in Belgium||Transferring money abroad|
|Using bank account or PayPal balance||FREE||You will pay a cross border fee of between 0,4% - 1,8% of the amount you're sending, depending on where you're sending the money.|
|Using credit card||3,4% + €0,35 EUR||3,4% + €0,35 EUR plus cross border fee|