How do I report unauthorised PayPal account activity?
If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorise, let us know right away in the Resolution Centre:
- Under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in the Resolution Centre.
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Select Unauthorised transaction and click Continue.
- Follow the steps to report the transaction.
Remember, you’re protected against unauthorised transactions sent from your account.
Be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.
If you received what looks like a scam PayPal email, or you've come across a phishing PayPal website, please report it to us by forwarding the original email or URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve forwarded the email to us, delete it from your inbox and don't click on any links in the email.
Learn more about how to identify a fake email. For safety, you should always log securely into your PayPal account to view your transactions.