What is 2-step verification?
You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for log in. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account.
There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone.
To set up 2-step verification:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Security.
- Next to '2-step verification', click Edit.
- Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next.
- Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app.
- Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app.
- Click Done to activate 2-step verification.