Why am I suspended from PayPal Seller Protection? How do I become eligible again?
To ensure a safer transaction environment, we review all accounts and activities in our system regularly. On rare occasions, we may suspend some sellers’ eligibility for PayPal Seller Protection if there’s a higher than usual risk associated with their accounts, which may be attributed by their volume of buyer complaints, payment reversal and fraud rates.
Every 90 days, we’ll periodically re-evaluate the accounts under suspension to determine if they can become eligible for protection again. Here are some tips that may help you restore your eligibility at the earliest:
Providing excellent customer service
- Offer a refund and post your return policy where customers can see it.
- Use a reputable shipping service.
- Set up a customer service message within your PayPal account.
- Be professional, helpful and courteous if a customer contacts you. Post customer service contact information, including working hours and response time.
Reducing the risk of fraud
- Provide detailed and accurate descriptions of items for sale and include pictures from multiple angles.
- Verify the customer’s order information before shipping, such as the address and phone number. If an order looks suspicious, contact the customer to verify information. Also, delay shipping any high-risk orders and avoid shipping them overnight unless you are confident the order is legitimate.
- Use tools to detect fraud, such as IP geolocation, device identification, fraud filters, etc.
- Keep your Credit Card Statement Name updated to make sure that your customers can recognise your transaction easily on their card statement.
- Review orders for anything unusual, such as:
- Shipping to a high risk country
- Orders that are larger than normal
- Requests for change of shipping address after the order has been paid for
- Abnormally large numbers of international orders within a short period of time
- Several orders from different customers shipping to the same address
- Overpayments with additional requests
- Rush or overnight shipping
- Orders from a suspicious email address
- Orders from a suspicious postal address (e.g. P.O. boxes, vacant buildings)
- Multiple separate orders from the same PayPal account
Please visit our Security page to learn more about PayPal Seller Protection and tips for selling safely in India.