Online Invoicing and how it works
What is Online Invoicing?
PayPal’s Online Invoicing is a feature that comes included in your PayPal Business Account. You don’t have to pay to create or send an invoice and you can even personalise it with your own company logo.
How to send an invoice?
Log in to your PayPal Business Account.
Look for Tools and click on Invoicing.
Select Create to start creating a new invoice.
Click to expand the Send dropdown to either Share Link Myself* or Send the invoice directly.
To schedule an invoice, select a future date you wish to schedule your invoice for and select Save and Schedule. Your invoice will then be saved and sent on your scheduled date.
And that’s all there is to it! You can even save the details of your regular customers to your address book to help save you more time.
Frequently asked questions.
After your money request or invoice has been paid:
- We email you to let you know it has been paid.  >
- The money appears in your PayPal balance.  >
- The status of the money request or invoice changes to "Paid" in your Activities.
Haven't received your payments? You can send a reminder to your customers, go to your Activities, and then click Send a reminder under your money request or invoice.
The unpaid money request or invoice will be closed after 30 days.
Yes. You can cancel a payment request or an invoice before it's paid.
To cancel a payment request or an invoice:
- Go to your Activity.  >
- Click Cancel beside the transaction you want to cancel.  >
- Click Yes.
A payment request will expire automatically after 30 days if it's not paid by then. An invoice will stay valid unless you’ve selected a due date before sending it to your recipient.
Need to learn more about PayPal invoicing? Here's a video to help.
You can pay a money request or invoice by clicking payment button in the email we sent you, or follow the steps below:
- Go to your Activity.  >
- Locate the invoice or money request, and click Pay.  >
- Review the information and click Continue.  >
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete your payment.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can click the payment button in the money request or invoice email, and follow the instructions to sign up for an account to complete the payment.
Want to know more about PayPal invoices? Here's a video that'll help.
From your PayPal app, here's how to ask someone to send you money internationally:
- Tap Request Money.  >
- Enter the name, email or mobile number of the person from whom you're requesting money.  >
- Type the amount requested, and tap Next.
From your computer, this is how:
- Click Send & Request at the top of the page.  >
- Click Request.  >
- Enter the required name, email or phone number and click Next.  >
- Add a note, if needed.  >
- Review your request and click Request Now.
You can request money from more than one person at a time. Just enter their email addresses, separated by commas.
Here's a video to get you started on email invoicing.