Linking Credit or Debit Cards To Your PayPal Account
Moreover, PayPal never shares your full details and monitors for any activity that seem unusual. We’ll send you a receipt for every payment, so you can keep track of your spending.
The best thing is that using PayPal to pay is free. You won’t need to pay any fees to enjoy faster and safer checkouts, along with your card rewards and additional perks such as Buyer Protection and free return shipping for eligible goods*.
Linking your credit or debit cardThere are various ways you can link your credit or debit card. If you haven’t already done so while signing up, you can do it at any time from your personal account.
STEP 1: Link from your PayPal payment dashboard
Once you’ve logged in, look for the Payment Methods tab on your account browser and click through to a summary of your currently linked credit or debit cards. To start, click on Link a card.
STEP 2: Verify your credit or debit card details
Choose if you’d like to link a credit or a debit card. We’d need your card details, which can be found on your bank card. Once you have done so, click Save.
You’ll then be taken to your bank’s website to authenticate your card. Once you enter the one-time passcode your bank will send to confirm your card, you’re done!
STEP 3: Add new credit or debit card
Using PayPal doesn’t mean you lose out on card perks. In fact, your account allows you to pick and choose the card that gives you the preferred reward points, miles and cashbacks. All you need to do is link each card once.
Remove a credit or debit cardTo remove a credit or debit card, simply go to the same page under Payment Methods and select the card you want to remove. Click on Edit, and then Remove Card, and it will no longer be linked to your PayPal account.
What to do next?Now that you have your account and credit or debit card linked and ready to go, it’s time to shop on more stores all around the world. Don’t forget, you’re covered with our Buyer Protection when you check out with PayPal, and enjoy free return shipping for eligible items*. You can also receive payments from others when you link your bank account.
Time To Start Shopping
Frequently asked questions.
- No advanced programming is needed.  >
- Your customers don’t need a PayPal account to pay you.  >
- It’s optimised for customers on smartphones or tablets.
How does it work?
Adding WPS to your website doesn't require advanced technical knowledge. You can simply add PayPal payment button code to your website. When your buyers click on the buttons, they’ll be directed to PayPal’s payment page to pay you.
- If you need a shopping cart: Choose a shopping cart that's already integrated with PayPal, or add our "Add to Cart" button to your website.  >
- If you already have a shopping cart: Select PayPal as your online payment service. If you have a custom-built cart, add PayPal by cutting and pasting HTML code into your checkout.
If you have multiple cards linked to your PayPal account, you can select one of them as your preferred way to pay, and we'll use it every time when you shop online or send a payment for goods or services.
To set your preference:
- Go to Money.  >
- Click Payment preferences.  >
- Select your preferred card, and click Confirm.
No, the option to top up your PayPal account is currently unavailable for India.
To send payments, you don't need to add funds to your PayPal account balance. You can send payments with a credit or debit card linked to your PayPal account.
You can add a Visa, Rupay card, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card to pay with PayPal. You can also use a debit card that displays the Visa or MasterCard logo.
Here are some possible reasons why you failed to add your debit or credit card:
- Your card might not be compatible with the PayPal system. Find out the cards you can use with you PayPal accounts.
- Your card hasn't been activated for online and international payments. Please contact your card issuer to activate this functionality.  >
- A credit card can be added to only one PayPal account at a time. If this card has been linked to your other PayPal account, you need to remove the card from there before using it in a different PayPal account.  >
- If your card doesn't have a card verification code (usually a 3-digit code on the back of your card), you can't use that card on your PayPal account.  >
- The billing address you provide must exactly match the one shown on your card statement. Check your debit or credit card statement to confirm that the addresses match.  >
- You have 8 cards linked to your PayPal account. You can only have 8 linked cards on your account at once. Please remove the cards that you don't use with PayPal anymore.