General Conditions of Use PayPal Refunded Returns Service
These General Conditions of Use are effective until 28 March 2017. A revised set of General Conditions of Use will come into effect on 29 March 2017. Click here to review the revised General Conditions of Use.
These General Conditions of Use describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal offers the PayPal Refunded Returns service (the "Service"). The Service is available at no additional cost to PayPal account holders who have registered for it at https://www.paypal.com.au/returns/.
By registering for the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree to these terms. These terms replace any previous version provided.
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we make changes to these terms and conditions which may impact your use of the Service in a material way, we will email you a notification. You agree to receive such notices in this way. The changes will take effect on the date specified in the notification email which will be at least 30 days after we send the notification email to you. By continuing to use the Service after any amendments to these terms and conditions you agree to abide and be bound by any changes. If you do not agree to any amendments to these terms and conditions, you must cease using the Service.
The Service is provided by CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as TELUS International Europe) (the “Service Provider”) on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd. CallPoint New Europe AD is registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361, with head office at 115K Tsarigradsko Chaussee Blvd., Sofía 1784, Bulgaria.
When can I use PayPal Refunded Returns service?
You may return items using the Service if you:
- paid for your item in its entirety using your PayPal account;
- purchased and returned your item and lodged a refund request (see below) after 16 March 2015;
- hold an Australian PayPal account in good standing that is not suspended or limited;
- received the purchased item at an address in Australia;
- activated the Service;
- initiated your return within the return period and in accordance with any return conditions of the seller;
- take a photo of your item and keep a copy of your receipt for your purchase of the item.
- provide us a return shipping receipt showing the seller’s address and the amount you paid for shipping. If you use regular post without shipment tracking, like through Australia Post, you must also provide us a photo of the package being returned showing the seller’s address;
- submit a request for a refund of the shipping costs (the "Refund Request”) within 14 calendar days of the date you ship the item back to the seller; and
- respond to our requests for further documents or information within the time we specify.
When can’t I use the Service?
The Service does not apply to:
- purchases made in violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy or User Agreement;
- immaterial or intangible goods and voucher purchases (e.g. Groupon), licenses for digital content and services;
- items for which the return by regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for by the seller;
- cash, traveller's cheques, tickets, credit or debit cards or any other negotiable instrument;
- items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller’s general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller’s deadline for returns has passed); or
- items paid for in part or whole through a means other than PayPal.
The Service also does not apply if you:
- hold a PayPal account that is suspended or limited or associated with another PayPal account that is suspended or limited; or
- can benefit, or have already benefited, from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party.
What costs does the Service cover?
The Service covers the cost of shipping an eligible item back to the seller up to AUD $45 per Refund Request. If you return several items at once, it will be considered a single return subject to the $45 cap.
The Service does not cover costs associated with loss, theft or damage to the item.
How many refunds can I request?
You’re eligible for up to 8 refunds per PayPal account per 12 month period following the date you activate the Service. Only one refund is allowed per transaction.
How do I make a Refund Request?
To submit a Refund Request, submit a claim within 14 days of returning the item and attach required documentation, available at https://www.paypal-returns.com/hc/en-au/requests/new.
If any document is missing, you’ll need to submit it within 7 days of your initial submission.
- The completed online claim form submitted via https://www.paypal-returns.com/hc/en-au/requests/new;
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and displaying the PayPal transaction ID; and
- A copy of your return shipment receipt that shows the amount you paid.
- If you use a service that tracks shipment, the receipt should also show the seller’s address;
- If you use regular post (with no shipment tracking), we also need a photo of the package showing the seller’s address.
- If the return costs were deducted from the refund of your item, we also need a copy of the refund email from the seller or PayPal, showing the amount refunded to you.
Documents must be clearly legible and emailed to email@example.com. Please keep the original documents as you may be asked to provide new copies if the copies are not sufficiently legible.
How will I be refunded?
If your Refund Request is accepted, you will receive a refund directly to your PayPal account.
How will I know if my Refund Request is accepted?
We will send you a:
- confirmation of receipt of your Refund Request: Within 1 business day
- notice of approval or rejection of your Refund Request: Within 5 business days from the receipt of your complete request
- refund to your PayPal account: Within 5 business days from the notice of approval of your Refund Request
Who should I contact if I have a question about the Service?
If you have any questions about the Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional provisions concerning operation of the Service
You must notify us if you believe there has been or will be an error or unauthorised use of the Service. Any Refund Request that does not comply with these terms will be automatically rejected and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Any Refund Request you initiate or base on incorrect or false information/documents will be rejected and you will be suspended from the Service. We may debit from your PayPal account any payment made to you under this Service on the basis of false information/documents. We will notify you by email if we suspend or lift the suspension of your eligibility for the Service.
PayPal (and its Service Provider) will not be held liable for any delays or failures due to causes beyond its control or which it could not reasonably have anticipated, and the consequences of which could not have been reasonably avoided or overcome. Such circumstances may include:
- interruption of, or problems accessing, the Service due to causes beyond PayPal’s control, such as your failure to fulfill your obligations, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, action by a third party, infection by a virus of the Service or your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by you and by PayPal;
- your improper use of the Service;
- your provision of incorrect information; or
- cases of force majeure or action by a third party.
In no event will PayPal, its related entities or the Service Provider be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in relation to the terms: any loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings, any loss or corruption of data, or any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from our breach of the terms.
PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend or terminate the Service without being liable to you or to any third party for doing so.
The PayPal Refunded Returns service is made available by PayPal Pte. Ltd, a company registered under no. 200509725E, with head offices at 5 Temasek Boulevard #09-01, Suntec Tower Five, 03898 Singapore. The Service Provider is CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as TELUS International Europe), acting on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd.