Last Updated: 30 January 2019
This page displays policy updates informing users in advance of important changes to the PayPal service, its User Agreement, or other policies. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” for previous policy updates.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 28 March 2019
Updates to the Australia User Agreement
PayPal is making some changes to its User Agreement, Privacy Statement, and Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement. The changes will be effective to all PayPal Users in the AU on 28 March 2019. We encourage you to review this Policy Update and familiarise yourself with all the changes that are being made. By continuing to use your PayPal account from that date, you’re agreeing to the changes. If you do not agree to these changes, you must close your account before 28 March 2019.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
To review the updated User Agreement, please Click HERE.
We have made some changes in the User Agreement mainly to clarify:
- how you can manage your money in multiple currencies;
- how we convert currency; and
- when we will charge a currency conversion fee.
Amendment to the PayPal Privacy Statement
To review the updated Privacy Statement, please Click HERE.
We’re making changes to the Privacy Statement that provides information on how we use your data.
We've provided additional details on how we use data when you transact with your friends, as well as more information on how we use data to prevent fraud and risk.
Amendments to our Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement
To review the updated Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, please Click HERE.
A summary of changes follows:
- We have removed the Argentine Peso from our currency listings in the following sections:
- 18.9 – Fixed Fees
- 18.13 – Chargeback Fees
- 18.14 – eCheque Fees
- 18.15 – Mass Payments
- We are also clarifying how and when we convert currency.
- Other minor amendments have been made for clarity.
Reminder of PayPal Local Payment Methods Agreement
To review the Local Payment Methods Agreement, please Click HERE.
- As a reminder for merchants using PayPal to receive Commercial Transaction payments, on 17 November 2018 PayPal started to enable some customers without Accounts to send payments to merchants’ Accounts using alternative local payment methods.