5 steps that can boost conversions by over 3%*
Optimise PayPal on your site and maximise sales
Why it matters
It’s an easy opportunity to boost sales (sellers achieve a 3.48% conversion gain on average)
What you can do now
Start implementing the changes. They’re all quick to do and no integration is required
Who it’s for
Boost conversion with these 5 simple steps
While you’re adding the banners to your site there are five quick changes you could make to boost your conversion rate. A third of UK consumers actively look for PayPal when they shop online, so it makes sense to let them know you have this payment option. Make the five easy changes below and you can be sure customers know you offer PayPal at every stage of a sale. There’s no technical integration required, and our data shows you can increase conversion rate by 3.48% on average.
Put the PayPal logo on your homepage
Let your customers know straight away that you offer PayPal. million online shoppers worldwide place their trust in PayPal’s guaranteed security – they are all potential customers for you.
How to do it: download the new PayPal logo from our Logo Centre and display the logo on your homepage. Conversion rates improve if the logo can be seen without having to scroll down.
Put the PayPal logo on your product page
Make sure new customers have confidence in your site, even when they land on your product pages from search engines or price comparison sites.
How to do it: download the new PayPal logo from our Logo Centre and display the logo on your product pages.
Put the PayPal logo on your checkout page
Make sure the PayPal logo appears on your checkout page and our data shows that conversion rates will improve by 0.87%.
How to do it: download the new PayPal logo from our Logo Centre and display the logo on your checkout page with one of the following slogans:
- Two-click checkout. PayPal is quick, easy and secure
- Simple, fast, secure
Set PayPal as the first payment option at checkout
Many customers make a conscious choice in favour of sites that offer PayPal. Making PayPal your pre-selected payment method enables customers to go through your checkout faster and is another proven way to increase conversions.
How to do it: go to your shopping cart options, choose ‘payment methods’ and set PayPal as your pre-selected payment method.
Include your logo on the PayPal checkout page
Add your own logo and site’s main colour to the PayPal checkout page: improve your customers shopping experience and maintain confidence right through to sale.
How to do it: follow these simple steps
- Click on the Profile icon at the top right of your account overview
- Click 'Profile and Settings’ in the drop down menu
- Click on 'My selling preferences’ from the left-side menu
- Find the 'Payment pages’ option in the 'Selling Online’ section and click ‘Update’
- Click on the ‘Add’ button at the bottom of the ‘Your Page Styles' list
- Enter a 'Style Name’, e.g. “My business custom style”
- Also enter the following:
- Logo Image URL - choose an image with a maximum size of 190 pixels wide by 60 pixels high. Please note the image must be stored on a secure (https) server.
- Cart Area Gradient Colour - enter the cart area colour that will appear as a gradient using HTML hex code.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page.
- Click the radio button next to the page style you have just created and click 'Make Primary’.
You can start implementing all of these suggestions now. There’s no need to ask for permission to use the PayPal logo, and there’s no need for any technical integration. If you do need any help, just contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
*Average figure based on measurements of conversion rate increases in e-commerce standard ordering processes, carried out as part of a PayPal analysis of 6 traders with a total of 269,442 visitors in early 2012. Although the traders were carefully selected, these figures cannot be considered definitive. Your figures may be different.