How do I request API Signature or Certificate credentials?
Here's how to request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Selling tools.
- Click Update beside "API Access".
- Click Manage API credentials under "NOV/SOAP API integration".
- Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.
- Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
- Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.
- PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
- API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.
- API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.