How do I remove the restriction from my account?
If your account is restricted, it means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account, for example, sending or withdrawing money.
Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account restriction. We always list the steps in your Resolution Center.
If you received an email saying that your account is restricted but don't see any steps in your Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to email@example.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.
If all the steps are completed and your account remains limited, it means one of 2 things:
- We've sent you an email asking for more information, or
- We're reviewing your case, and we'll email you with our decision, usually within 3 business days.
If we have asked you to upload additional information, you can do so in your Resolution Center.
What to do
- Go to your Resolution Center.
- Click Go to Account Limitations.
- Click Resolve beside each step.