What is PayPal One Touch and how do I use it?
PayPal One TouchTM allows you to complete purchases faster while still keeping your financial information secure. When you log into PayPal with your mobile phone or from a desktop, tablet or laptop, you can choose to stay logged-in for easier, faster checkout across all eligible merchants. After you opt-in to staying logged-in to your PayPal account, you’ll skip the PayPal log-in screen on future purchases when paying with PayPal using the same device and same browser.
Opting in for One TouchTM activates the feature for all eligible merchants. You only need to authenticate and authorise the use of One Touch once per device or browser.
Why should I activate the service?
Activating One Touch takes you directly to the payment page and breeze through check out. It also saves you the hassle of entering your password. For security purposes, whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account information we’ll always ask you to log in.
PayPal doesn't share full payment information with merchants when you shop.
How do I activate the service?
Select "Stay logged in for faster purchases" when checking out with PayPal upon initial log-in. This activates One Touch for that specific device and browser and for all eligible merchants.
You can also activate One Touch by clicking Activate One Touch on our One Touch page and complete the activation.
For your account safety:
- We’ll still ask you to log in whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account information.
- To avoid misuse of your PayPal account, please only activate One Touch on your personal device or computer and not on a public or shared computer or device.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, change the security settings immediately to protect your PayPal account. You can also call us to help protect your account from unauthorised use.
How do I view and deactivate the devices taht remember my login?
Here’s how to check the devices and browsers you’ve currently enabled One Touch:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Security.
- Click Update next to "Stay logged in for faster purchases".
- If you need to turn off One Touch from a certain device, simply click Log out beside that device in the list.
What does PayPal do to help if I have a problem with my online purchase?
When you pay with PayPal online, PayPal Buyer Protection won’t be impacted by this functionality and will continue to apply your eligible purchases. You can report your problem in the Resolution Centre.
To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection and to see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, please review our User Agreement.