Notice of Amendment(s) to United Kingdom Agreement(s)
Issued: August 11, 2021
This page displays policy updates which notify users of important changes to the PayPal United Kingdom User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” to view previous policy updates.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. By continuing to use our services after the changes take effect, you agree to be bound by those changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you. If you would prefer to decline such changes you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date.
Effective: November 10, 2021
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
- We are revising PayPal’s Seller Protection program to clarify eligibility for certain claims involving travel tickets sold by the travel carrier.
- We are requiring sellers who are Corporate Customers to notify us of any pricing errors or discrepancies within sixty (60) days from having access to their account statement(s) or other account activity information.
- We are removing the PayPal Payouts section and replacing it with a standalone agreement called the PayPal Payouts Agreement on the legal hub.
- We are clarifying the types of costs used to calculate the reasonable minimum estimate that we may recover if you engage in any restricted activities.
- We are introducing an additional service fee of 1.29% for some international commercial transactions between the EEA and the UK.
- We are changing the additional percentage-based fees for international commercial transactions as well as simplifying our market/region country classifications for these fees. The fees are changing from the rates shown in the current User Agreement to the new rates that will be shown on the updated Merchant Fee page that will publish on or after September 7, 2021, as we mention below.
Amendments to the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- We are revising the policy to clarify that violations may subject you to damages. We are also expanding the existing list of prohibited activities and clarifying the commercial activities requiring approval.
Amendments to the Data Protection Controller Addendum for Direct Card Processing Products
- We have amended the addendum to ensure references to products and services are consistent globally.
Amendments to the PayPal Alternative Payment Methods Agreement
- We are revising the Agreement to prohibit acceptance of payments for certain goods and services.
Introduction of PayPal Cryptocurrency Terms and Conditions
Effective: 23 August 2021
- We are introducing terms and corresponding fees for consumers on buying and selling cryptocurrency using PayPal.
Change of Company Name for Direct Debit Instructions
Effective: 10 November 2021
To anticipate changes partly arising from the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union, we’re amending the Direct Debit Instruction from JPMC Re PayPal Pte Ltd to JPMC Re PayPal as the Originator of the transaction.
You need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect the service you receive in any way. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, who may also notify you, independently.
You will continue to enjoy the benefits of the Pre-approved Payment Guarantee, as detailed below.
The Pre-approved Payment Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Pre-approved Payments.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Pre-approved Payment JPMC Re PayPal will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request JPMC Re PayPal to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Pre-approved Payment, by JPMC Re PayPal or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society - If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when JPMC Re PayPal asks you to.
- You may cancel your Pre-approved Payment at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.