From June 15, 2009, PayPal’s Seller Protection can help reduce your losses due to buyer claims, chargebacks or reversals for unauthorised payments and items not received, so you can sell to more places with more confidence on eBay. All you need to do is follow a few simple guidelines, to make sure you’re covered.
What do you get under Seller Protection:
Coverage for the full value of qualified eBay items in 190 markets including:
- Worldwide coverage. Reach more customers - post to buyers’ addresses in any of the 190 countries and regions where PayPal is accepted. No confirmed addresses required.
- Payment review. Notifications of unauthorised payments before you ship.
- Automatic integration. No set-up required.
- Unlimited monthly or annual coverage.
- More to your bottom line. The ability to increase sales and lower loss rates.
How you get coverage under Seller Protection:
Coverage is free. All you need to do is simply follow the rules below:
When you ship your items:
- Be an eBay seller with a PayPal Premier/Business account registered in qualified countries.
- Accept only full payments from the same PayPal account (no partial payments).
- Receive payment via PayPal for tangible items sold on eBay.
- Check eligibility in your ‘Transaction Details’ by logging in to PayPal, go to your Account History and click on the ‘Details’ link next to the transaction.
- Ship to the buyer’s address shown on PayPal’s ‘Transaction Details’ page when the payment status indicates it’s “OK to ship” Learn more about Payment Review.
When you receive a buyer claim, chargeback, or reversal:
- Try to work the issue out with the buyer first.
- Respond to PayPal with the relevant shipping documentation within 7 days:
What’s not covered under Seller Protection:
All transactions are covered, except in the following cases:
- Digital goods (downloadable software), services or intangible items.
- In-person delivery or local pick-ups.
- Transactions for cars, boats and other vehicles.
- Unauthorised payments for transactions outside of eBay.
- Where adequate proof of shipment or delivery is not provided.
For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Seller Protection Policy.