Where can I find PayPal's currency exchange rates?
If your payment requires currency conversion, you can see our conversion rate on the transaction page before you complete the payment. You can also check our rates anytime following the steps below:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click the menu icon on the right side of any currency balance, and click Convert currency.
- Select the currency you want to check, and click Next.
- Enter the amount, and our exchange rate will display on the same page.
If you choose to use your card issuer's rate, the conversion rate will be determined by your card issuer and we won’t be able to display the rate to you at the time of payment. To find out about the exact rate, you’ll need to check your card statement later or contact your card issuer directly.
- Our exchange rate includes a processing fee expressed as a percentage above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the processing fee is retained by PayPal.
- If you use an American Express card, you don't have the option to use PayPal's conversion process. American Express takes care of the conversion.