What are the payment types when I send money?
You can select a preferred funding method for payments made through the regular checkout process as well as Goods and Services via Send Money. You also have the option to select a different preferred method for online purchases vs. in-store purchases. You can set your preferred payment method on our website or in the PayPal app. Once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction. Please check the details of this transaction carefully.
If you’re making a purchase, there are 2 payment types:
- Goods - Select this payment type when you’re paying for something that you didn’t buy on eBay.
- Services - Use this payment type when your purchase is not a product but a service (for example, work performed for you by someone else)
If you’re sending a personal payment, payment types include:
- Gift - Select this payment type when you’re sending money as a gift for a birthday or other special occasion.
- Payment Owed - Use this payment type for things like reimbursing a friend for your share of a restaurant check, or repaying money that a family member loaned you.
- Cash Advance - Select this payment type when the money you’re sending isn’t for the purchase of goods or services. (Remember that your card issuer may charge a fee for cash advances.)
- Living Expense - Use this payment type when you need to pay regular, recurring expenses like rent or utilities.
- Other - Select this payment type for anything that’s not covered by another payment type.
Note: We’re currently unable to allow personal payments to or from India.