You can view the status of your refund in your Activity.
- Go to your Activity page.
- Click Advanced filters to see the dropdown menu.
- Select Refunds.
- Select the desired date range to see your refund.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Where's my refund sent to?
How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.
- If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
- If you paid with your US bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account balance. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account or credit card or use the money for future purchases through PayPal.
- If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.
Refunds to credit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.
Here are a few common refund statuses:
Pending: If your refund status is Pending, It could be because PayPal has not yet received the funds from the buyer's bank for the Instant Transfer, or that the seller issued an eCheck that has not yet cleared from their bank. It usually takes 3-5 business days for the money to become available in your PayPal balance.
Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance or on your credit card.
Temporary hold: If your refund status is "held," it means the transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete, and the refund will be credited to your balance once the process is completed.