How do I create REST API credentials?
- Log in to the PayPal Developer Portal using the same credentials you use for PayPal.
- Select Dashboard.
- Click Create App under REST API apps. Any previously created REST API apps will appear in the table under the Create App button.
- Enter the name of your REST API app in the App Name field, and select a Sandbox developer account to associate with your account.
Note: Remember that you can't use a Live credit card in Sandbox, and you can't use a test credit card in your Live account.
- Request permissions for REST API features that apply to your integration, such as:
- Invoicing API
- PayPal Here
- PayPal payments
- Log In with PayPal
- Direct credit cards
- Future Payments
To request access to the following features in the Live environment, select the Enable options as shown in the following screen. After you click Enable, your choices undergo a vetting process that can take up to two or three business days.
- Once your Live and Sandbox REST API credentials are created, including Client ID and Secret, click the Sandbox and Live buttons to switch between each set of credentials.
- You should be able to complete transactions in the Live environment right away.
- Both environments use the same URL. Only the REST API credentials (Client ID and Secret) tell you which environment you're in.
- Don't share your Live REST API credentials with anyone.