How do I issue a full or partial refund?
You can issue a full or partial refund up to 180 days after you receive a payment as long as its status is "Completed," "Pending," or "Cleared."
Refunds cannot be issued through the PayPal mobile app.
Here’s how to issue a refund:
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Click the payment you want to refund.
- Click Issue a refund.
- Enter the refund amount, then click Continue.
- Review the information, then click Issue Refund.
If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.
- To make sure the buyer isn’t credited twice for the same transaction you cannot refund a payment when there’s a credit card chargeback associated with this payment.
- When you refund a payment, we will retain the fixed fee of your transaction fee. To learn more about variable and fixed transaction fees, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement.
- If there’s not enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the refund, we’ll issue the refund from your primary bank account.