Refund or cancel payment
Here is some helpful information about refunds and canceling payments:
Requesting a refund
- Contact the seller directly. Access your Activity page, click the payment you sent to the seller to view the recipients contact information.
- If your seller doesn’t agree to refund your money, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Center. You can open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item or you received something that doesn’t match the seller’s description.
- If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. If the credit card you paid with is closed or invalid, the money will still be refunded to your credit card account. It can take up to 30 days for a refund to appear on your credit card statement.
- If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
- If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account.
- An unclaimed payment is automatically canceled if the recipient doesn’t claim or accept it within 30 days.
- A payment with a completed status can’t be canceled. You’ll need to contact the seller to request a refund.