I sent money to the wrong email address, but the payment is completed. What do I do?

If the payment status is Completed, you need to ask the recipient to send you a refund. You’ll find the recipient’s contact information on the Transaction Details page.

Here’s how to find their contact information:

  1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Click the transaction.
  3. Locate your recipient’s contact information, then contact them and ask for a refund.

If you don’t receive a refund, you can open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. Here’s how to file a dispute:

  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to the Resolution Center.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
  5. Select I have a problem with an item I purchased or I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.