How do I issue a refund?
You can issue a full or partial refund up to 180 days after you receive a payment.
Here’s how to issue a refund:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Click the payment you want to refund.
- Click Issue a refund.
- Enter the refund amount, then click Continue.
- Review the information, then click Issue Refund.
- You can refund payments that are Completed, Pending, Cleared, or Uncleared.
- To make sure the buyer isn’t credited twice for the same transaction you cannot refund a payment when there’s a credit card chargeback associated with this payment.
- When you refund a payment, we will retain the fixed fee of your transaction fee. To learn more about variable and fixed transaction fees, click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement.
- If there’s not enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the refund, we’ll issue the refund from your primary bank account.
You were logged out to help protect your account.