Prevention to Help Stop Fraud
We help protect you with multiple layers of fraud prevention so you can send payments online with peace of mind.
How it works.
As a leader in anti-fraud technology, we use state-of-the-art fraud prevention to help stop online crime.
We protect you from any unauthorized payment sent from your PayPal account whether the purchase was made on or outside eBay. Here's how it works:
- We send an email confirmation for every online PayPal payment that you make.
- If you find a transaction that you didn't approve, report it to us within 60 days.
- We will launch an investigation.
- You will be covered by our Unauthorized Transactions Program.
24/7 Transaction Monitoring
Our team of over 2,000 fraud-fighters is working around the clock to keep your sensitive information secure. Our experts will:
- Contact you immediately if we suspect fraud in your account.
- Work with authorities to shut down fraudulent websites.
Industry-leading Fraud Prevention
Every transaction is reviewed by industry-leading, proprietary fraud prevention measures that help weed out fraudulent activity.
We ask account holders to get Verified to make sure that they are owners of the credit cards or bank accounts linked to their PayPal accounts. Find out more with our Verification FAQ.
How you can prevent fraud.
We also help ensure you are buying safely with: