Sell with confidence.
In situations where customers don’t receive their goods or claim the transaction was unauthorized, we can make sure you keep your money. Our updated Seller Protection Programme covers physical objects as well as Tickets, Services and Travel.
There’s no additional charge for this service, our Seller Protection Programme applies to your eligible PayPal transactions.
Don’t have PayPal yet?
Sign Up Now
A buyer asks for a refund after declaring that a purchase was made without their consent, be it for objects or services. If your transaction is eligible, our Seller Protection Programme can help you get the full amount of the payment.
Item not received
A buyer pays for an item, claims he never received it, then files for a refund whether it’s physical objects or services. If your transaction is eligible, our Seller Protection Programme can help you get the full amount of the payment.
We’ve added a safety net to protect you against unauthorized payments, reversals due to suspicion of fraud and item not received claims.
Sell around the globe
Seller Protection Programme can cover your international sales. We process and convert 25 currencies from more than 200 markets to make selling simple and secure.
Keep more profits
Focus on making your business grow, knowing that your eligible sales, whether physical or intangibles, can be protected.
1. If a buyer files a claim, or in case of a chargeback or a payment reversal, we may place a temporary hold on the funds.
2. We’ll ask you to provide information including proof of shipment or proof of delivery within the time frame communicated (usually 7- 10 days).
3. You’ll be able to access the money as soon as we have ascertained that your transaction is eligible.
What can be covered by Seller Protection Programme?
- Tangible goods (clothes, toys, electronics, car parts etc.)
- NEW Services (training courses, website design etc.)
- NEW Tickets (concerts, shows, sport events etc.)
- NEW Travel (trip reservations, flight or hotel booking etc.)
What can’t be covered by Seller Protection Programme?
- Items that you deliver (or are picked up) in person
- Digital goods (music, computer game downloads and licenses for digital content)
- Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them
- Payments not made through PayPal
Check your shipping
Make sure you are shipping the item to the address in the transaction details and keep the proof of shipment.
Keep the proofs of transaction
For ticketing, travel and services in case of a dispute we may ask you for any relevant proof of delivery documents or evidence of use of the service.
If we request documentation or other relevant information we ask that you respond promptly, typically within 7 to 10 business days.
Make sure it is eligible
The payment must be marked ‘eligible’ or ‘partially eligible’ on the Transactions Details Page.
If a customer doesn’t receive their goods or claims the transaction was unauthorized, we can help you in keeping your money.
We monitor transactions 24/7 to help you reduce fraud.
Our encryption helps to keep your online transactions heavily guarded from start to finish.
If there’s a claim on a transaction we’ll investigate and keep you informed.