CA Inviting Friends and Earning Referral Reward Terms & Conditions
By participating in PayPal’s "Invite Friends" promotion (the "Program"), you agree to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms"). PayPal may at any time and in its sole discretion, without prior notice, terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the Program or these terms.
The Program allows you to invite people you know to sign up for a Canadian. account with PayPal. You can earn a reward when friends you invite to join PayPal through the Program sign up and complete an Eligible Transaction (defined below). If you are the person inviting friends to join PayPal, you are a "referrer" under these terms, and if you are a person who receives an invitation, you are a "referee."Eligibility and Overview
- You may participate in this Program as a referrer until the Program is terminated or modified by PayPal. If you refer a referee prior to PayPal’s termination or modification of the program, you will still be eligible to earn the reward described below even if the referee does not fulfill the Reward Criteria (defined below) before such termination or modification.
- To be eligible to earn rewards through the Program, each referrer and referee must have a Canadian personal PayPal account in good standing ("Valid Account") at the time of participation through when his/her reward(s) are issued.
- A referrer may refer a referee via the referral mechanism in the PayPal app [or on PayPal.ca]. The referrer can claim a reward for a maximum of 5 referees per calendar year that satisfy the following “Reward Criteria”: (i) access and complete the PayPal sign up process; (ii) link his/her bank, or Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card to their PayPal account; (iii) verify their cell number linked to their PayPal account; and (iv) complete an Eligible Transaction (defined below). An “Eligible Transaction” means: (a) an online PayPal checkout payment of $5.00 CAD or more using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as "complete" in the referee’s account; or (b) a person-to-person payment of $5.00 CAD or more using the “Send Money” feature within PayPal (sent to anyone other than the referrer) using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as ‘received’ by the recipient.
- You may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances. Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the invitation to participate that you received from PayPal in public locations (online or otherwise) where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends/acquaintances. If you do so, PayPal may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in PayPal’s sole discretion.
The reward amount is $10 CAD. There is a limit of one (1) reward per referee Valid Account for the duration of the Program and five (5) rewards per referrer Valid Account per calendar year for the duration of the Program. If two or more referrers invite the same referee, PayPal will credit the reward to the person who first sent the referral, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion. Rewards should post to your account within approximately twenty-four (24) hours, but may take up to two (2) weeks.Receiving and Using Rewards
- PayPal reserves the right to limit, cancel, or revoke a reward if PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated these terms and conditions, or if we restrict or close your account pursuant to our User Agreement.
- PayPal may provide an alternate reward of equal value if it is unable for any reason to fulfil the reward. PayPal is not responsible and/or liable if any email, reward, referrals, or Program-related materials or correspondence are lost, fraudulent, abusive, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, interrupted, delayed, altered, defective, misdirected, tampered with, or irregular in any way or if any participant’s e-mail address, Valid Account, or other contact information does not work, is deleted, or is changed without participant giving prior written notice to PayPal. PayPal reserves the right to review any account or transaction related to this Program, in its sole discretion, without notice, and delay completion of the reward.
- Program is void where prohibited or if Eligible Participant’s account or transaction are fraudulent, abusive, not completed through legitimate channels, or irregular in any way.
- This Promotion is governed by Canadian law. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of the PayPal User Agreement. Any questions relating to the offer will be resolved in PayPal’s sole discretion and its decisions related to the offer will be final and binding.