PayPal's Partners Against Crime - Useful Security Links
PayPal Purchase Protection
We're here to help you shop with confidence wherever you are online - either at eBay or any other site that accepts PayPal. That's why we created PayPal Purchase Protection. See eligibility.
You're Protected if:
1. Your order never arrives
2. Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described
There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:
- You received a completely different item.
Example: You purchased a book, but received a DVD.
- The item's condition was misrepresented.
Example: The listing said new but the item had clearly been used.
- The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
Example: The listing said batteries included - but they weren't.
- You purchased a specific quantity of an item - but received the wrong amount.
Example: You purchased five pairs of fuzzy dice, but only received four.
- The item was damaged en route to its destination.
Example: You bought a beautiful antique lamp - and it arrived in pieces.
- You received a counterfeit version of the item.
Example: You purchased a Rolex but received a Faux-Lex.
3. You were charged for something you didn't purchase, and you report it immediately
This may mean someone has used your PayPal account without authorization. As long as you report it within 60 days, PayPal will launch an investigation and you will be covered by our $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions program.
We hope you understand that in the event of an unauthorized transaction, we may have to temporarily freeze your account until we know exactly what happened.