Why can’t I send a payment using my PayPal account?
If you receive an error message when trying to pay with your PayPal account, here are some possible reasons:
- You may need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- You may need to resolve an issue with your credit or debit card.
- You may need to remove a limitation for your PayPal account.
- You may need to resolve a negative balance on your PayPal account.
- We may need to confirm that you're the account holder. We may ask you to answer some questions or receive a text message from us.
- The recipient can't receive payments at this time because their PayPal account is restricted or they haven't completed the account registration. If so, the recipient needs to resolve their account issues first.
- Add another card and use it to make your payment again.
- Make sure your recipient's email address is entered correctly, and their account is capable of receiving your payment.
- Contact your card issuer to check if your card is valid and can be used to make online payments, or if there is any recent technical issue or restriction on your card.
- Use a secure network to make your payment. Avoid using a public, shared computer to process your PayPal transactions.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache, and update your browser to the latest version.