Can I customize buttons in Express Checkout?
Express Checkout offers several style options that you can use as follows:
- Customize the look and feel of your PayPal payment button and payment buttons.
- Display and customize payment buttons for multiple alternative funding sources to the buyer, when appropriate.
- By default, Express Checkout displays only a single PayPal checkout button. However, if your buyers will use additional funding sources, such as Venmo, then Express Checkout can display multiple buttons in the space provided. You have two layout choices: horizontal (side by side), which displays up to two buttons; and vertical (top to bottom), which displays up to four buttons. The style.layout parameter determines which layout is applied.
And here's an example of a vertical layout:
When your buyers can choose among multiple funding sources, PayPal automatically determines which additional buttons are appropriate to display. However, you can opt in or opt out of displaying specific funding sources in either the horizontal or vertical layout.
- You can choose the color (gold, blue, silver, or black) and shape (pill-shaped or rectangular) for each button.
- You can choose the size of each button: small, medium, large, or responsive. Express Checkout calculates the height of responsive buttons dynamically, based on the button width you set.
- You can select the language that appears on your buttons; and you can choose among 23 different locales. For example, if your locale is the US, your checkout button will display PayPal Checkout. If you choose Germany as your locale, the button will display PayPal Zur Kasse.
To learn how to customize your site’s payment buttons and configure the layout of multiple payment buttons, see Customize the PayPal button.
PayPal Express Checkout integration
PayPal Checkout button customization demo
PayPal Credit button customization demo
Multiple payment button layout demo