What is the difference between Personal and Business accounts?
All PayPal accounts allow you to send and receive payments.
- Premier: Recommended for casual users/sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online, and who also make online purchases.
- Business: Recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups.
With a Premier account, you can:
- Have PayPal buttons on your website and accept payment with PayPal for low fees.
- Receive payment via email for low fees.
- Make secure payments using your credit card, or bank account in the U.S.
A Business account has all the abilities of a Premier account but adds many services. With a Business account, you can:
- Operate under your company or business name.
- Accept credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee.
- Manage users, allowing you to give separate access rights to each of your employees.
- Gain access to PayPal products that meet your business needs, such as Express Checkout.
- Use PayPal Business Setup to set up your account in a short time.
If you want to know more about our transaction fees, go to the fees section of our website.
You were logged out to help protect your account.