I didn’t receive the item I purchased or it’s different from the description. How do I report the problem?
If you have trouble with a purchase, you can communicate directly with your seller by opening a dispute in our Resolution Center.
If you purchased the item on eBay, use the eBay Resolution Center.
If you feel the transaction was unauthorized, please visit our Resolution Center to file an unauthorized transaction dispute.
There are 2 kinds of disputes:
- Item Not Received – You bought something but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
- Significantly Not as Described – You received an item but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs, but may be eligible for Return Shipping on US. Activate Return Shipping on US before filing your dispute to qualify for the benefit.)
Working with your seller is usually the fastest way to resolve an issue. You can easily work with them in your Resolution Center and most of them are willing to work with buyers to address whatever went wrong.
You have 180 days from the transaction date to open a dispute.
Here's how to open a dispute.
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a problem.
- Select the transaction you have an issue with and click on Continue.
- Click either I didn't receive an item I purchased or I received an item that's significantly not as described.
- Follow the next instructions.
You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If they're not responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. We will review the case and decide the outcome.
You can manage your dispute in your Resolution Center by communicating with the seller and providing additional information.
Here's some more information you may need during the dispute process:
What are disputes and claims?
How do I check the status of a claim?
Can I change the reason for filing a dispute or claim?
Can I reopen a a closed dispute?
Can I appeal PayPal's decision on my claim?
My dispute has been resolved. Can I close it?
Does PayPal cover my purchase if there's a problem?
We understand disputes and claims are never ideal and can be confusing. Please refer to our timeframes for additional information and timelines on the disputes and claims process.
You were logged out to help protect your account.