Where can I find PayPal's currency exchange rates?
If a payment made from your PayPal Hong Kong account requires currency conversion, you can see our conversion rate on the transaction page before you complete the payment. You can also check our rates anytime following the steps below:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click PayPal balance.
- Click Manage currencies.
- In the "Currency Exchange section, select the type of currency conversion you'd like to make.
- Enter the required information and click Calculate to view our exchange rate.
If you make the payment using your credit or debit card, you can also choose your card issuer's conversion rate instead of ours. Learn more about how to view and change currency conversion options.
If you choose to use your card issuer's rate, the conversion rate will be determined by your card issuer and we won’t be able to display the rate to you at the time of payment. To find out about the exact rate, you’ll need to check your card statement later or contact your card issuer directly.
- Our exchange rate includes a processing fee expressed as a percentage above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the processing fee is retained by PayPal.
- If you use an American Express card, you don't have the option to use PayPal's conversion process. American Express takes care of the conversion.
- For more inforamtion on the exchange rate with international payments, please refer to our User Agreement.