Better sales conversion begins with your online experience
But, 70% of online transactions (shopping carts) are abandoned before a sale is completed.2 Why is that?
Often, busy online shoppers get distracted. Sometimes they get frustrated at a poor customer experience.
Our quick-and-easy, one-page guide to payment presentment and site optimisation is designed to help you turn your browsers to buyers. For example, making it easy to checkout from a product page or giving shoppers the information they need to make a buying decision.
Download your free copy now and check it out.
2 Baymard Institute (2020), Online shopping cart abandonment rate worldwide from 2006 to 2019 [Graph]. Retrieved December 2020 from https://www.statista.com/statistics/477804/online-shopping-cartabandonment-rate-worldwide/, https://baymard.com/lists/cart-abandonment-rate
Frequently asked questions.
Here are some features and benefits of Website Payments Pro – Hosted Solution:
- Easy integration with popular shopping carts.  >
- Keep your customer engaged with your site through the checkout.  >
- Accept credit and debit cards in 16 currencies.  >
- Accept payments over the phone, fax, or mail orders with Virtual Terminal.
You don't need to have balance in your PayPal account to make a payment. As long as you've linked a credit or debit card, you can start paying with PayPal.
If you want to add money to your PayPal account, you can top up with a confirmed bank account opened in Hong Kong. Here's how to top up with your bank account:
- Go to Money.  >
- Click Add Money near the top right corner of the page.  >
- Follow the instructions on page.
The money will usually arrive in your account within 3-6 business days. We’ll send you an email when the money’s in your PayPal account.
Learn more about topping your PayPal account.
- Transfers from ATM machines and online transfers from DBS bank accounts are currently not supported for Top Up.  >
- We don’t charge a fee to transfer money from your bank account. Your bank may charge a fee to transfer the money.  >
- You can top up in Hong Kong Dollars only.  >
- If you want to make a payment in a currency other than HKD, our currency conversion rate includes a 3% fee. You might want to add enough money to cover the fee.
- No advanced programming is needed.  >
- Your customers don’t need a PayPal account to pay you.  >
- It’s optimised for customers on smartphones or tablets.
How does it work?
Adding WPS to your website doesn't require advanced technical knowledge. You can simply add PayPal payment button code to your website. When your buyers click on the buttons, they’ll be directed to PayPal’s payment page to pay you.
- If you need a shopping cart: Choose a shopping cart that's already integrated with PayPal, or add our "Add to Cart" button to your website.  >
- If you already have a shopping cart: Select PayPal as your online payment service. If you have a custom-built cart, add PayPal by cutting and pasting HTML code into your checkout.
Below is a list of common topics searched for by developers:
Information about validating your visitor's PayPal account.
Encrypted Website Payments
To make online payments more secure, you can make Encrypted Website Payment buttons that rely on standard public key encryption for protection.
PayPal offers a secure commerce Identity API that lets your customers sign in to your web site using their PayPal credentials.
Instant Payment Notification
Instant Payment Notification is a message service that automatically notifies merchants of events related to PayPal transactions.
Merchants, developers, and business solution providers use Invoicing APIs to automate the creation, delivery, tracking, and reconciliation of invoices with an integrated payments solution.
Accept PayPal, credit cards and other payments methods through mobile apps.
Name-Value Pair (NVP) API
Information and support on name value pairs and NVP SDKs.
PayPal Checkout gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process.
PayPal Sandbox Support
Information and support for users testing in the PayPal Sandbox environment.
PayPal Shopping Cart
The PayPal Shopping Cart system allows buyers to select multiple items on your website and pay for them with a single payment.
Permissions Service API
PayPal's permissions service enables you to request and obtain authorization to make API calls and take action on behalf of your customers.
The PayPal SOAP API is based on open standards known collectively as web services, which include the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), and the XML Schema Definition language (XSD).
Testing Your Apps in Sandbox
A guide for developers testing their apps in the PayPal Sandbox environment.
Information about PayPal's Virtual Terminal - a web-based application that processes credit and debit cards, replacing swipe machines.
Website Payments Pro
PayPal's Website Payments Pro is an API-based solution that enables merchants and developers to accept credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal payments directly on their website.
You can accept credit cards online easily and offers a streamlined checkout experience to customers using mobile devices.