Pay Later Messaging Program Terms
Pay Later Messaging Program Terms
Last Update: July 30, 2021
These terms apply to you and your use of the Pay Later Messaging (the, “Program Terms”) in addition to any other agreement you have with PayPal, including the PayPal User Agreement. Please familiarise yourself with the general terms of the PayPal Advertising Program that apply to you under that agreement.
The PayPal Advertising Program enables qualifying merchants to place buy now, pay later or other consumer credit product promotional messaging and buttons (together, “Pay Later Messaging”) hosted by PayPal on their websites and through other channels as may be made available by PayPal from time to time. To participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal’s Pay Later Messaging, you must be a UK-based merchant with a UK-facing website and you must have an eligible integration, unless authorised by us in writing. See “How do I know if I am eligible to promote Pay Later offers” in our FAQs. Further, PayPal’s Pay Later offers are available to eligible UK consumers only.
When You use the Pay Later Messaging Center, follow the instructions on the Get Started page. The content on the Pay Later Messaging Center site is to be used solely for the purpose of displaying Pay Later Messaging on your website and may not be used for any other purpose (other than those that are affirmatively enabled by us through the Pay Later Messaging Center).
The terms of PayPal’s offers advertised by the Pay Later Messaging, including duration and threshold, are in PayPal’s sole discretion and cannot be changed by you. Should PayPal choose to change the terms of PayPal’s offers, the hosted banners will automatically update, provided you have integrated the code correctly.
If you participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal’s Pay Later Messaging, you must comply with the following requirements. If you do not comply with these requirements, PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to present the Pay Later Messaging or take other action as deemed necessary.
- You must have an eligible integration (as stated above) to display Pay Later Messaging on your website.
- If you stop using an eligible integration, you must immediately remove all Pay Later Messaging from your websites and customer communications and/or cooperate with PayPal or your third party partner to do so.
- You must comply with Pay Later Messaging integration requirements provided by PayPal or authorised third party partners to ensure that Pay Later Messaging is accurately presented.
- The images on the Pay Later Messaging Center, and in particular on the Get Started page, are for placement and demonstration only. You must download the official code to use and display the Pay Later Messaging. Do not attempt to copy the messaging or buttons in any way. Do not attempt to remove the watermarks.
- You are prohibited from modifying Pay Later Messaging or altering the presentation in any way.
- You are prohibited from copying Pay Later Messaging from other websites. Instead, you must use the code as provided by PayPal to place Pay Later Messaging.
- You are prohibited from creating, hosting, and displaying your own Pay Later Messaging or other content related to PayPal’s offers on your websites or in customer communications, unless authorised by PayPal in writing.
- You must use the Pay Later Messaging in its entirety with all the links and language provided by PayPal.
- You may not post Pay Later Messaging on social media networks or platforms, unless authorised by PayPal in writing.
- Pay Later Messaging may be changed by PayPal at any time for any reason. PayPal may also discontinue any Pay Later Messaging, the PayPal Advertising Program, and/or any of PayPal’s Pay Later offers, at any time, at its sole discretion. If Pay Later Messaging on your website or customer communications fails to automatically update, you will cooperate with PayPal to (i) manually update the Pay Later Messaging as it appears on your websites or customer communications; (ii) repair or reinstall the code to facilitate future updates; and (iii) remove any non-current messaging or any of PayPal’s Pay Later offer terms from your websites.
- If you receive customer inquiries relating to either PayPal Credit or Pay in 3, you must direct the customer to to PayPal Customer Support.
- If a customer is unable to process a transaction using any of PayPal’s Pay Later offers, you are prohibited from communicating any reason for the customer's decline.
- If you fail to comply with any requirements as communicated by PayPal or authorised third party providers with respect to these Program Terms, then you will be liable for any resulting damages suffered by PayPal or any third parties.
- PayPal reserves the right to update or amend these Program Terms at any time.