Upcoming Policy Updates
Last Updated: January 30, 2019
This page displays policy updates informing users in advance of important changes to the PayPal service, its User Agreement, or other policies. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” for previous policy updates.
AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT AND PAY AFTER DELIVERY AGREEMENT
We are updating the PayPal agreements listed below for all PayPal users in Canada. The changes described below will go into effect on July 9, 2019, unless otherwise noted. There is no action needed from you, as the changes will occur automatically on the effective date above. In the event you would prefer to decline the changes and close your account, you can do so prior to the effective date and the changes will not apply to you.
Amendment to the PayPal Account User Agreement for Buyers
- If PayPal performs a currency conversion for your purchase, and the purchase is refunded at a later date, PayPal will perform a currency conversion for the refund at the transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) in effect on the date of the refund.
Amendment to the PayPal Account User Agreement for Sellers
- PayPal may use any of the payment methods linked to a seller’s PayPal account to prevent the seller’s account from becoming negative when there are not sufficient funds in the account to cover refunds, reversals and chargebacks.
- As of May 29, 2019, merchants can transfer their PayPal balance to an eligible Visa debit card linked to their PayPal account, subject to the fees applicable to such transfers.
- Merchants can now accept debit and credit card payments directly on merchant websites, subject to the fees applicable to such payments.
PayPal Pay After Delivery Agreement
- We are providing the terms and conditions for PayPal’s Pay After Delivery payment option, which lets qualifying buyers purchase eligible items and pay for the purchase after the item is received.