Notice of Amendment(s) to the Canada PayPal Agreement(s)
Issued: 26 September, 2022
This page details and/or previews updates to PayPal users of changes to the Canada PayPal User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements that require notice. You can also review Past Policy Updates notices. Note that additional changes could be made to previewed agreements on or before the effective dates listed, provided the applicable notice requirements are met.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. By continuing to use our services after the changes take effect, you agree to be bound by those changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date, as described in the user agreement.
Amendments to the PayPal Online Card Payment Services Agreement
Effective September 26, 2022:
- We are replacing the term “ACP” with the term “Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments” and adding an updated definition.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective November 15, 2022:
- Business accounts will not be able to receive personal transactions.
- PayPal accounts will not be able to send personal transactions to business accounts.
- Pricing for sending and receiving donations is being updated. The new pricing will result in fee increases for some transactions. You can preview Consumer Fees Page and the Merchant Fees page that will be effective following such changes.
- We are clarifying that PayPal may be required to place limitations on your account and/or withhold on certain gross payments received if you do not provide required tax-related information.
Issued: November 7, 2022
Amendments to the PayPal Website Payments Standard Agreement for Enhanced Recurring Payments
Effective January 31, 2023:
- We’re updating our terms to reflect that Installment Plans and Automatic Billing are no longer available and to revise the notice provided when we make amendments to these terms.