How do I open or close a PayPal account?
There are 2 types of PayPal accounts: Personal and Business.
Here’s how to sign up for a PayPal account:
- Go to the PayPal website and click Sign up at the top of the page.
- Choose your region and click Get Started on the account type you want (Personal or Business).
- When you have entered the required information click Agree and Create Account.
- Choose to "Link" your bank account or credit card, then click Continue and enter details.
- In a few minutes, check your email for a message from PayPal.
- Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.
- Enter your password, then click Confirm.
You can start to use your new PayPal account right away.
If you decide to close your PayPal account, you should withdraw your PayPal balance, remove any unconfirmed email addresses, and go to your settings page. The option to close your account can be found under More settings.
We might ask you to confirm that you own the account before it is closed.
You were logged out to help protect your account.