How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?
If you’re unable to resolve your dispute, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. We will review the case and decide the outcome.
Here’s how to escalate a dispute to a claim:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center at the bottom of the page.
- Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
- Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click Escalate to a claim.
You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. A dispute will automatically close if it isn’t escalated to a claim within 20 days. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.
You were logged out to help protect your account.