The information that must be collected may include, but is not limited to, the account holder’s address and US TIN (if a US person) or other TIN.
What FATCA documentation does PayPal collect and how do I provide it?
A business entity can be required to provide:
- Its country of incorporation,
- Its business type or classification under FATCA,
- A certification stating, among other things, whether the entity is or is not considered a “Specified US Person” (as that term is defined by FATCA).
- Whether it has or does not have substantial US owners or controlling persons.
- If it does have substantial US owners or controlling persons, the names and addresses of those owners or persons.
Here’s how to provide PayPal with your FATCA information.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the notifications icon.
- Click on the FATCA notification.
- Follow the instructions provided.
You were logged out to help protect your account.