How do I change the way I pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan?
When you send money for preapproved payments such as a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance.
Here’s how to change the way you pay for preapproved payments if you don’t want to use your PayPal balance:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
- Click Payments.
- Under the "Pre-approved payments" section, click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
- Under "Payment method," click Change next to the funding source you're looking to change.
You were logged out to help protect your account.