I didn’t receive the item I purchased or it’s different from the description.
These steps apply to Personal PayPal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to your account to see the steps that apply to you.
If you have trouble with a purchase, you can communicate directly with your seller by opening a dispute in our Resolution Center.
If you purchased the item on eBay, use the eBay Resolution Center. If you purchased the item on a site other than eBay, use the PayPal Resolution Center.
There are 2 kinds of disputes:
- Item Not Received – You bought something but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
- Significantly Not as Described – You received an item but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs.)
Here's how to open a dispute:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Select Item Dispute, then click Continue.
- Click Find transaction ID.
- Click the Transaction ID next to the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
- You have to open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details.
- If you and the seller can’t resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.
- If you don’t escalate a dispute to a claim within 20 days, we automatically close it. Once a dispute is closed, you can’t reopen it or escalate it to a claim.
- Items collected in person or arranged to be collected on the buyer’s behalf are ineligible for Item Not Received (INR) claims.
- If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the Seller for an Item Not Received (INR) claim even if you did not receive the goods.
- Refer to the User Agreement for additional information on the information a seller must provide to demonstrate delivery.
You were logged out to help protect your account.