How do I report an unauthorised PayPal payment or account activity?
If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorise, let us know right away.
To report an unauthorised transaction:
- Go to your Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Use the filters to find the transaction or select it if it appears right away.
- Click Continue.
- Click I want to report unauthorized activity.
- Follow the instructions.
Remember, you’re protected against unauthorised transactions sent from your account.
Be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.
To check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage automatic payments.
- Click the merchant's name and then Cancel.
Avoid sharing your device with others. If you do, please make sure to tap the Settings icon at the top right, tap Login and Security, then deselect Remember Me.