How can I accept donations with my PayPal account?
To accept donations for your charity through PayPal you should first sign-up for a PayPal account or upgrade your existing Personal account to a PayPal Business account.
To upgrade your account:
- Go to your Settings.
- Under 'Options', click Upgrade to a Business account and follow the on-screen steps.
- Once you upgrade you'll be able to manage your PayPal account under your company's name, add additional users with separate login information and access rights, and take advantage of the wide range of other benefits of a PayPal business account.
- You need to include a contact name on your Business account
- Your business name appears on all PayPal payments and emails
- Your account retains all of the transaction records and history.
Create the account using the charity or organisation name, with the name of a specific person added as a contact for the account. Choose ‘Non-profit’ as the business category when signing up.
To get the discounted charity rate for your organisation, we need to confirm your charity account. You can begin the confirmation process on our Charities page. You will need to provide information to prove that:
- Your organisation is legally registered with the appropriate regulatory body
- You are a representative of that organisation.
You can review or modify your donation button settings to receive donations on your website. You can also create customised donation buttons.
To create a Donate button:
- Click Pay & Get Paid at the top of your account.
- Click PayPal Buttons under 'Accept Payments'.
- Click Donate and fill up the form.