How do I change the name on my PayPal account?
We can help you change the name on your PayPal account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. It is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.
To change the name on your PayPal account:
- Go to your Settings.
- Beside your name, click Edit.
- Choose the appropriate name change from the available options, 'Change your legal name', 'Update your name' or 'Make a minor correction'.
To fix a minor typo:
- Enter your first and last names.
- Check the box to confirm 'I'd like to update my name' and click Update Name.
- Choose the type of name change and click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
► The fastest way to send us your documents and to complete your name change is to upload them. Here's how:
- Click Upload Files and browse for the file(s) you want to upload (or drag to the upload panel).
- Click Attach File, if prompted, and allow the files time to upload.
- Click Send Files.