How do I create a Sandbox test account?
- Log in to PayPal Developer Portal. You can use your Live PayPal account or create a new, Live PayPal account just for testing. To create a Sandbox account, you must be logged in to the PayPal Developer Portal with your Live personal or business account. If you aren't comfortable using your Live accounts for logging in to the system, you can create a new Live account and use that to link your Sandbox accounts.
- Click Dashboard.
- Under Sandbox, click Accounts.
- Click Create Account.
- Create two accounts: one Buyer (Personal) account and one Seller (Business) account. Use email addresses that can be easily identified and memorized.
Buyer Sandbox account: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: 123456789
Seller Sandbox account: email@example.com Password: 123456789
Note: A valid email address isn't required when creating Sandbox accounts. However, the email address must be unique and not currently in use by another merchant in the Sandbox server.
- Create your Buyer account by selecting Personal for the account type.
- Once you've created your Buyer account, create your Seller account by selecting Business for the account type.
- If you intend to test a PayPal Pro account integration, you'll want to convert your Business Standard Seller account into a Business Pro account. Click your Seller account email and then click Profile.
- Under the Profile tab, click Upgrade to Pro to convert your Business Standard account to a PayPal Pro account.
- You've now created your Business Pro (Seller) and Personal (Buyer) accounts.
- When integrating, you'll want your API Signature credentials, funding information (test credit card), and additional settings.
- You're now ready to Integrate and begin your Sandbox testing. After running a few Sandbox transactions from your store or shopping cart, log in to both the Buyer and Seller Sandbox accounts to view transaction history, movement of funds from one account to another, and so on. To do so, log in to the Sandbox at www.sandbox.paypal.com and enter your Sandbox Account and Password.
- Once logged in, view History at the top of the page to see your recent transactions.
How do I obtain my Sandbox API credentials?
How do I obtain my Live API credentials?
Why did I get the error “You do not have permission to perform this action” in the live environment?
Why did I get the error “Incorrect API credentials” when I attempt to make an API call?
Where can I find PayPal code samples?
You were logged out to help protect your account.