How do I send or receive payments in another currency?
Accepting a payment in a different currency
When you receive a payment in a currency other than the one linked to your account, you can:
- Accept the payment and convert it to your primary currency. Currency conversion will be applied at the retail foreign exchange rate, which is adjusted regularly based on market conditions and may differ from the rates you see in the newspapers, on the Internet or on television.
- Accept the payment and start a balance in the new currency. The money will be credited to your PayPal account in the currency in which it was received.
- Deny the payment. The money will be returned to the sender.
Sending a payment in a different currency
To send a payment in a different currency:
- Go to the Send & request money section of your account.
- Select the payment type and enter the email, mobile phone number, or the recipient's name.
- Enter the amount and click on the currency if you want to change it.
- Click Continue.
- Click Change Payment Method if you want to change it.
- Review the information and click Send money now.
You were logged out to help protect your account.