What can I do if I sent a payment to the wrong person?
If the payment status is 'completed', ask the recipient to refund you. Go to your Activity and select the payment you want refunded. Use the contact details to get in touch with the recipient and request a refund. You can also use the Chat option within the transaction to contact the recipient.
If you don’t hear back from the recipient and the payment was sent as Goods and Services, you can open a dispute within 180 days of the payment date.
Here's how to open a dispute on the web:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Select the payment and click Continue.
- Select the reason for your dispute, such as:
- I didn’t receive the item purchased.
- The product or service is not as described.
- I have a billing issue
However, you can't report a problem for payments sent as "Family and Friends". We encourage you to continue working with the recipient for a refund.