PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement
PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement
Last Update: September 30, 2016
This PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement ("Pro/VT Agreement") is a contract between you (the "Merchant") and PayPal, Inc., and applies to your use of PayPal Payments Advanced ("Payments Advanced"), PayPal Payments Pro (Website Payments Pro) ("Payments Pro"), PayPal Payments Pro (Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition) ("Payments Pro Payflow"), or Virtual Terminal (the "Products"). Each of the Products includes the PayPal Services listed in this Pro/VT Agreement and described more fully on our website. You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Pro/VT Agreement. By using the Products, you acknowledge that you have agreed to this Pro/VT Agreement.
This Pro/VT Agreement applies in addition to the PayPal User Agreement and any other agreement to which you have entered into with PayPal (collectively "PayPal Agreements") to your use of the PayPal Services through the Products. The definition of PayPal Services under the User Agreement shall be amended to include your Product and any services we provide to you through the Product. If any inconsistency exists between the terms of the PayPal User Agreement and this Pro/VT Agreement then, except for Express Checkout, the terms of this Pro/VT Agreement shall control in connection with your use of the PayPal Services through any Product. The terms of the PayPal User Agreement shall control for any inconsistency for Express Checkout.
We may amend this Pro/VT Agreement at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a Substantial Change, we will provide you with 30 Days' prior notice of Substantial Change by posting notice on the "Policy Updates" page of our website. If you would like to receive notification by email of new Policy Updates, then you may do so by logging into your PayPal Account and selecting this option by going to My Account > Profile > Account Information > Notifications. If you do not agree with any Substantial Change, then you may terminate your use of the PayPal Services at any time.
All capitalized terms not defined in Section 17 of this Pro/VT Agreement are defined in the PayPal User Agreement.
1. Credit Report Authorization.
You understand and agree that you are providing PayPal with your "written instructions" in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and you are authorizing PayPal to obtain your personal credit report from a credit bureau for the purpose of processing this application for PayPal Services. You further understand and agree that you are authorizing PayPal to obtain your credit report on an ongoing basis for account review purposes.
All fees are in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated. The fees associated with any Express Checkout transaction submitted by you via any Product are set forth in the User Agreement.
- Product Monthly Fees.
|Payments Pro Payflow||$30|
|Virtual Terminal Only||$30|
Transaction Fees. The Transaction Fees are expressed as a percentage of the payment amount, plus a fixed amount. Transaction Fees associated with any American Express® Direct Payment or Virtual Terminal Payment you accept are set forth separately below.
Products that offer the Service
Purchase Payment Fees set forth
Purchase Payment Fees set forth in the User Agreement shall apply.
Payments Advanced, Payments Pro Payflow
Payments Advanced, Payments Pro,
* Excludes Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments where an American Express Card is used.
The Transaction Fees above are for payments received by you in U.S. Dollars. If the payment is in a currency other than U.S. Dollars, then the fees above shall apply with the following change: The $0.30 USD fixed fee portion will be replaced by the fixed fee of the currency of the payment as described below.
U.K. Pounds Sterling:
The following Transaction Fees (also referred to as the Discount Rate in the Amex Acceptance Agreement) are charged by us on behalf of American Express and shall apply to payments made using an American Express Card:
American Express Payments
Virtual Terminal Payments
- Optional Services. If you elect to use any of the optional PayPal Services listed below, the following fees shall apply.
Products that offer the Service
|Recurring Payments||Monthly Fee: $30||Payments Pro, |
Virtual Terminal (only)
|Advanced Fraud Management Filters||Monthly Fee: $20 |
Per Transaction: $0.05*
|Payments Pro, |
Virtual Terminal (only)
|Advanced Fraud Protection Services||Monthly Fee: $10.00 |
Per Transaction: $0.05*
|Payments Advanced, |
Payments Pro Payflow
|Recurring Billing||Monthly Fee: $10.00||Payments Advanced, |
Payments Pro Payflow
|Account Monitoring Service||Set Up: $29.95 |
Monthly Fee: $19.95
|Payments Pro Payflow|
|Buyer Authentication Service||Monthly Fee: $10.00 |
Per Transaction: $0.10*
|Payments Pro Payflow|
*Excludes Express Checkout transactions.
- Additional Fees. The following additional fees apply to all Products in connection with the activity described.
$0.30 per uncaptured authorization
Card Verification Transactions**
For all Direct Payment or Virtual Terminal card authorization verification transactions
$0.30 per card verification request
Fixed Fee portion of the original Transaction Fee.
For refunds of Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments where the buyer used an American Express Card, the Transaction Fee will be deducted from your Account at the time of the refund, in addition to the full payment amount that is refunded to the buyer.
Transaction Fee applied to the original transaction.
Failure to use Express Checkout
Up to 1.0%
Up to 5.0%
* Excludes Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments where an American Express Card is used.
**Applies only to Visa and MasterCard Transactions.
- Payment Terms.
- If you use Virtual Terminal only, you agree to allow PayPal to charge your PayPal Account for fees that become due under this Pro/VT Agreement. In the event that PayPal is unable to recover any fee amount that is due from your PayPal Account, PayPal may terminate your use of the PayPal Services within 30 days of the date that the fee was due and you will remain obligated to pay PayPal for any unpaid amounts. If you use Payments Pro and choose to have your fees under this Pro/VT agreement charged to your PayPal Account, the terms of this paragraph apply.
- If you use Payments Advanced or Payments Pro Payflow, you agree to allow PayPal to charge the credit card or bank account that you provided when you registered for these Products for fees that become due under this Pro/VT Agreement. If you use Payments Pro and choose to have your fees under this Pro/VT agreement charged to your credit card or bank account, the terms of this paragraph apply.
- Monthly fees are paid on a calendar month basis. For Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal, monthly fees are charged in advance. For Payments Advanced or Payments Pro Payflow, monthly fees are payable in arrears.
- For fees charged per transaction, the fee amount will be deducted from the transaction amount at the time of the transaction.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Promotional Period. If you have signed up for the PayPal Services pursuant to a promotional period, you agree to pay the monthly fee upon the expiration of a promotional period offered by PayPal.
- Failure to Use Express Checkout. If you fail to comply with the requirement to use Express Checkout described in Section 8, you may be subject to up to a 1% fee increase to your then current Transaction Fee rate. This fee may be included in your initial rate when you first sign up for the PayPal Services, or may be added at any time by PayPal with 30 days' prior written notice of the fee increase. You agree to terminate your use of the PayPal Services if you do not agree to this fee.
- Risk Factors Fee. If PayPal determines that your PayPal Account receives, or is likely to receive, a disproportionately high number of customer complaints, Reversals, chargebacks, disputes, claims, fees, fines, penalties or other liability (collectively "Risk Factors"), you may be subject to up to a 5% fee increase above your then current Transaction Fee rate. This fee may be added to your initial rate when you first sign up for the PayPal Services, or may be added at any time by PayPal with 30 days' prior written notice of the fee increase. You agree to terminate your use of the PayPal Services if you do not agree to this Fee.
- Required Use of PayPal-Hosted Pages for PayPal Payments Advanced. Payments Advanced requires the exclusive use of PayPal-hosted templates on your checkout pages to process payments. If you use Payments Advanced to process payment sales or authorizations on non-PayPal hosted pages, you may be charged the higher monthly fee for using Payments Pro Payflow instead of the Payments Advanced monthly fee, but you may not receive full access to all features of Payments Pro Payflow. PayPal may implement this fee increase in its sole discretion at any time with 30 days’ prior written notice to you. You agree to terminate your use of the PayPal Services if you do not agree to this fee.
3. Data Security.
- General. You are fully responsible for the security of data on your website or otherwise in your possession or control. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and rules in connection with your collection, security and dissemination of any personal, financial, Card, or transaction information (defined as "Data") on your website.
- PCI Compliance. You agree that at all times you shall be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA DSS), as applicable. You agree to promptly provide us with documentation evidencing your compliance with PCI DSS and/or PA DSS if requested by us. You also agree that you will use only PCI compliant service providers in connection with the storage, or transmission of Card Data defined as a cardholder’s account number, expiration date, and CVV2. You must not store CVV2 data at any time. Your customers’ Card Data is handled by PayPal if: (a) your Product is Payments Advanced, or (b) your Product is Payments Pro Payflow and you choose to activate the “transparent redirect” feature and integrate the feature properly per PayPal’s instructions. PayPal adheres to PCI DSS.
- Data Usage. Unless you receive the express consent of your customer, you may not retain, track, monitor, store or otherwise use Data beyond the scope of the specific transaction. Further, unless you get the express consent of PayPal and each Acquiring Bank and/or the Card Companies, as applicable, you agree that you will not use nor disclose the Card Data for any purpose other than to support payment for your goods and services. Card Data must be completely removed from your systems, and any other place where you store Card Data, within 24 hours after you receive an authorization decision unless you have received the express consent of your customer to retain the Card Data for the sole purpose of processing recurring payments. To the extent that Card Data resides on your systems and other storage locations, it should do so only for the express purpose of processing your transactions. All Data and other information provided to you by PayPal in relationship to the PayPal Services and all Card Data will remain the property of PayPal, its Acquiring Bank or the Card Companies, as appropriate.
- Password Security. You agree to restrict use and access to your password and log-on ID to your employees and agents as may be reasonably necessary, and will ensure that each such employee or agent complies with the terms of this Pro/VT Agreement . You will not give, transfer, assign, sell, resell or otherwise dispose of the information and materials provided to you to utilize the PayPal Services. You are solely responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all IDs, passwords, or any other codes that are issued to you by PayPal, each Acquiring Bank or the Card Companies.
- Audit. If PayPal believes that a security breach or compromise of Data has occurred, PayPal may require you to have a third party auditor that is approved by PayPal conduct a security audit of your systems and facilities and issue a report to be provided to PayPal, the Acquiring Banks and the Card Companies. In the event that you fail to initiate an audit within 10 business days of PayPal's request, PayPal may conduct or obtain such an audit at your expense.
4. American Express Acceptance.
- If you wish to accept American Express Cards you must log into your PayPal Account, select “Profile”, then select “American Express acceptance” under the Seller Preferences tab on the Profile page and agree to the Amex Acceptance Agreement. Not all Merchants are eligible for American Express acceptance through the Products since PayPal is prohibited from accepting American Express Card transactions from merchants in certain business categories.
- If you elect to accept American Express Cards then, in addition to this Pro/VT Agreement, your transactions will be governed by the terms of the Amex Acceptance Agreement that you agreed to with American Express. To the extent there is any inconsistency between this Pro/VT Agreement and the Amex Acceptance Agreement then the terms of the Amex Acceptance Agreement will control but only with respect to your American Express Card payments and only to the extent of the inconsistency.
- As an agent of American Express we may request that you take certain actions in connection with the Amex Acceptance Agreement.
5. Dynamic Currency Conversion.
You may not perform dynamic currency conversion. This means that you may not list an item in one currency and then accept payment in a different currency. If you are accepting payments in more than one currency, you must separately list the price of each product or service in each currency.
6. Brand Parity.
By using the Products, PayPal permits you to directly accept Cards. With regard to your Card acceptance, you agree to the following:
- Where you accept Cards on your website, you will display each Card's logo with equal size and prominence, and you shall not display a preference for, nor discriminate against, one Card over another. You agree to comply with the logo usage standards located at: http://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/logo-center.
- You authorize PayPal to provide information regarding your business and individual Card transactions to third parties for the purpose of facilitating the acceptance and settlement of your Card transactions and in connection with items, including chargebacks, refunds, disputes, adjustments, and other inquiries.
7. Card Not Present.
You acknowledge that PayPal processes transactions through the Products as remote (card not present) payments. If you accept a Card that is physically presented to you at the point of sale you acknowledge that the scope of your protection from Chargebacks will be limited to the protection that is available for remote payments. You agree that you may not accept an American Express Card that is physically presented to you.
8. Required Use of Express Checkout, PayPal Credit
- If you use Payments Advanced, Payments Pro, or Payments Pro Payflow, you must use Express Checkout in the following manner:
- You must include a PayPal Express Checkout button either: (i) before you request the shipping/billing address and other financial information from your customers or (ii) on the same page that you collect such information if you only use one page for your checkout process.
- You must offer PayPal as a payment option together with the other payment options you offer. The PayPal acceptance mark must be displayed with equal prominence to the logos for your other payment options. You shall not discriminate against PayPal, nor discourage its use, as a payment option over any other payment option offered by you.
- You must provide your customers with the option of not storing their personal information, including their email address, shipping/billing address, and financial information.
- If you use Payments Advanced, you must offer PayPal Credit as a payment option on your hosted checkout page as automatically enabled by PayPal. Any offers associated with PayPal Credit that you present outside of the hosted checkout page must be displayed in the manner prescribed and instructed by PayPal and approved by PayPal prior to posting.
9. Risk Controls.
If you use the Products, you may be able to elect to use our Risk Controls which provide you the option of changing our certain controls to accept transactions with a higher likelihood of risk. Eligibility for Risk Controls is determined in PayPal's sole discretion. The following terms apply to your use of the Risk Controls:
- Liability. If you adjust your Risk Controls, in addition to your existing liability for fraudulent transactions, you are liable for all additional risk. It is your responsibility to adjust the Risk Controls to determine whether you want to accept or decline such transactions. You may adjust the Risk Controls on the Risk Controls Overview Page on the PayPal website. If you would like to remove your ability to access Risk Controls, please contact your account manager.
- Expanding Acceptance. You may adjust your Risk Controls to accept certain payments, including:
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments that are unable to verify the cardholder's address through the Address Verification Services. This is also referred to as "AVS No Match."
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments that do not include a card security code. This is also referred to as "Card Security Code Not Submitted".
- All payment types that failed PayPal's proprietary risk models.
- Expanding Declines. You may adjust your Risk Controls to decline payments, including:
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments where the address entered by the cardholder only partially matches the information stored by the issuing bank.
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments where the Address Verification Service is unsupported or unavailable at the time the payment is processed.
- Transaction Reviews. You may adjust your Risk Controls to review and manually accept payments. Reviewing a payment prevents the funds from being transferred to your Account until you review the payment. If you do not accept a payment within 30 days, it will be reversed. Note that not all payment types can be reviewed.
- Rejecting Transactions. You may not reject a transaction unless, based on various combinations of authentication information, you reasonably determine that the individual requesting the transaction is misrepresenting his or her identity.
10. Fraud Management Filters.
Fraud Management Filters allow you to accept or reject transactions with a higher likelihood of risk. If you would like to restrict the ability to access Fraud Management Filters, please contact your account manager.
- Liability. If you adjust your Fraud Management Filters, in addition to your existing liability for fraudulent transactions, you are liable for all additional risk. It is your responsibility to adjust the Fraud Management Filters to determine whether you want to accept or decline such transactions.
- Adjustments. You may adjust your Fraud Management Filters to accept, flag, review or deny certain payments, including:
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments that are unable to verify the cardholder’s address through the Address Verification Services. This is also referred to as “AVS No Match”.
- Direct Payments or Virtual Terminal Payments that do not include a card security code. This is also referred to as “Card Security Code Not Submitted”.
- Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments that failed PayPal’s proprietary risk models.
- Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments where the address entered by the cardholder only partially matches the information stored by the issuing bank.
- Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments where the Address Verification Service is unsupported or unavailable at the time the payment is processed.
- Transaction Reviews. Reviewing a payment prevents the funds from being transferred to your Account until you decide to accept that payment. If you do not accept a payment within 30 days, it will be reversed. Note, not all payment types will be reviewed.
- Rejecting Transactions. You may not reject a Transaction unless, based on various combinations of authentication information, you reasonably determine that the individual requesting the Transaction is likely not the consumer they are representing themselves to be.
11. Fraud Protection Services.
If you use Payments Advanced or Payments Pro Payflow, you may use our Fraud Protection Services. If you use our Fraud Protection Services, you are responsible for setting preferences for the PayPal Fraud Protection Services. It is your responsibility to determine which transactions the Fraud Protection Services will accept or reject based on the authentication information provided by PayPal.
12. Recurring Billing/Recurring Payments Consent.
If you are using the Recurring Billing or Recurring Payments feature you agree that it is your responsibility to comply with applicable law, including the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg E), including by capturing your customers’ agreement to be billed on a recurring basis.
13. No Warranty.
THE PRODUCTS AND THE PAYPAL SERVICES AND ALL ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PAYPAL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE PAYPAL SERVICES WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. PayPal does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the PayPal Services and related features that enable you to detect or minimize fraudulent transactions will discover or prevent all non-valid or fraudulent transactions. PayPal is not responsible for any non-valid or fraudulent transactions that are processed.
14. Reserves and other Protective Actions.
If we believe there may be a high level of risk associated with your PayPal Account, we may take certain actions in connection with your Account and/or your use of the PayPal Services.
- Reserves. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a Reserve on funds held in your PayPal Account when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with your Account. If PayPal places a Reserve on funds in your PayPal Account, they will be shown as “pending” in your PayPal Balance. If your PayPal Account is subject to a Reserve, PayPal will provide you with notice specifying the terms of the reserve. The terms may require that a certain percentage of the amounts received into your PayPal Account are held for a certain period of time, or that a certain amount of money is held in reserve. PayPal may change the terms of the Reserve at any time by providing you with notice of the new terms.
- Additional Actions. We may take other reasonable actions we determine are necessary to protect against the risk associated with your PayPal Account including requesting additional collateral from you such as a letter of credit or a personal guarantee. PayPal may contact your customers, on your behalf, in the event that PayPal is investigating potential fraud.
- Information. In order to determine the risk associated with your PayPal Account, PayPal may request at any time, and you agree to provide, any information about your business, operations or financial condition. We reserve the right to reassess your eligibility for any Product if your business is materially different from the information you provided in your application.
- By Merchant. You may terminate your use of the PayPal Services at any time.
- By PayPal. PayPal may terminate your use of the PayPal Services if:
- You fail to comply with the terms of, or are unable to pay or perform your obligations under, this Pro/VT Agreement or any of the PayPal Agreements that apply to the PayPal Services;
- We decide, in our discretion, that you become ineligible for the PayPal Services because there is a high level of risk associated with your PayPal Account or for any other reason, or upon request by any Acquiring Bank or any of the Card Companies.
- Effect of Termination. If your use of any Product is terminated, your use of the PayPal Services associated with that Product will immediately end. You agree to complete all pending Card transactions, immediately remove all logos for Cards, and stop accepting new transactions through the Product. If your use of any Product is terminated, you will not be refunded the remainder of the Monthly Fees that you have paid for such Product.
- Law and Forum for Disputes. Except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in section 14.1 or 14.2 of the PayPal User Agreement, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against PayPal must be resolved by a court located in either Santa Clara County, California, or Omaha, Nebraska. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Santa Clara County, California, or Omaha, Nebraska for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. This Pro/VT Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold PayPal, its parent, officers, directors and employees harmless from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Pro/VT Agreement and/or your use of the Products or the PayPal Services accessed through the Products.
- No Waiver. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Data Use. PayPal shall have the right (i) to use the Data it receives from you as necessary to perform the PayPal Services; (ii) to collect and process the Data subject to applicable law to use internally for record keeping, internal reporting, analytics, fraud detection and support purposes; (iii) to compile and disclose Data in the aggregate where your individual or user Data is not identifiable, including calculating Merchant averages by region or industry; and (iv) to provide the Data as required by the Card Companies, the Acquiring Banks, law or court order, or to defend PayPal’s rights in a legal dispute.
- Complete Agreement. This Pro/VT Agreement , along with the PayPal User Agreement and any applicable policies and agreements on the Legal Agreements page on the PayPal website, sets forth the entire understanding between you and PayPal with respect to the your use of the Products and the PayPal Services accessed through the Products. If any provision of this Pro/VT Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In addition, your acceptance of Card transactions via a Product is also subject to a Commercial Entity Agreement you have with each of the Acquiring Banks.
"Account Monitoring Service" means the optional service associated with Payments Pro Payflow that receive notifications of suspicious activity, as described in more fully on the PayPal website.
"Acquiring Bank" means each of the financial institutions PayPal partners with to process your Card payments, including your Direct Payments and Virtual Terminal Payments, and each of your Card funded Express Checkout payments, and with whom you entered into a Commercial Entity Agreement.
"Advanced Fraud Management Filters" means the optional feature associated with Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal that allows you to use additional filters and toggles to help protect you from fraud and chargebacks, as described in more detail on the PayPal website.
"American Express" means American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. and its affiliates.
"Amex Acceptance Agreement" means the Agreement for American Express Card Acceptance (American Express-PayPal Service Agent Program), as amended from time to time.
"API" means PayPal’s proprietary application programming interfaces used to interface with the PayPal systems in order to use certain PayPal Services.
"Buyer Authentication Service" means the optional service associated with Payments Pro Payflow that enables you to integrate Visa’s Verified by Visa and MasterCard’s SecureCode into the Payments Pro Payflow service, as described in more detail on the PayPal website.
"Card Companies" means a company or group of financial institutions that promulgate rules to govern Card Transactions via bankcard and payment networks including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
"Cards" means Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Switch Solo branded payment cards.
"CVV2 Data" means the three or four digit number printed to the right of the Card number in the signature panel on the back of the Card. On American Express Cards, it is printed on the front of the Card above the Card number.
"Data" has the meaning provided in Section 3(a).
"Direct Payment" means a payment processed by PayPal through the Direct Payment API that is funded directly by a Card and not through a PayPal Account.
"Express Checkout" means the PayPal Service where PayPal is a payment option on a merchant’s website at checkout, with payments being processed by PayPal through the Express Checkout API and funded directly from a User’s PayPal Account.
"Fixed Fee" means the portion of the Transaction Fees that is a fixed monetary amount and not a percentage of the payment amount.
"Fraud Protection Services" means the optional service associated with Payments Advanced and Payments Pro Payflow, that allows you to access additional risk management features to help protect you from fraud and chargebacks, as described in more detail on the PayPal website.
"Monthly Sales Volume" means the total payment volume processed by you through any Product using any payment method.
"Payments Advanced" means PayPal Payments Advanced (also known as Website Payments Pro Payflow Link Edition), which is the suite of PayPal Services consisting of Express Checkout, PayPal Credit, and Direct Payments services as standard, and that provides PayPal-hosted checkout, as described in more detail on the PayPal website. Optional additional services include Fraud Protection Services and Recurring Billing, which are all more fully described on our website.
"Payments Pro" means PayPal Payments Pro (Website Payments Pro), which is also known as Website Payments Pro, and is the suite of PayPal Services consisting of Express Checkout, Direct Payments, Virtual Terminal and Fraud Management filters as standard, as described in more detail on the PayPal website. Optional additional services include Advanced Fraud Management Filters and Recurring Payments, which are all more fully described on our website.
"Payments Pro Payflow" means PayPal Payments Pro (Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition), which is also known as Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition, and is the suite of PayPal Services consisting of Express Checkout, PayPal Credit, Direct Payments, and Virtual Terminal services as standard, and that provides full checkout page customization, as described in more detail on the PayPal website. Optional additional services include Fraud Protection Services and Recurring Billing, which are all more fully described on our website.
"PayPal Agreements" has the meaning provided in the second paragraph of this Pro/VT Agreement.
"PayPal Credit" means the open-end, consumer credit account offered by Comenity Capital Bank (Salt Lake City, Utah) and serviced by Bill Me Later, Inc. It is subject to credit approval as determined by Comenity Capital Bank and offered to US consumers who are of legal age in their state of residence.
"PayPal User Agreement" means the online agreement you entered into with PayPal when you opened your PayPal Account, as it may have been amended from time to time. The PayPal User Agreement currently in effect can be accessed via the Legal Agreements link in the footer of nearly every page on the PayPal website.
"Products" has the meaning provided in the first paragraph of this Pro/VT Agreement.
"Pro/VT Agreement" has the meaning provided in the first paragraph of this Pro/VT Agreement.
"Recurring Billing" means the optional feature associated with Payments Advanced and Payments Pro Payflow that, with the consent of your customer, enables you to set up payments that recur at specified intervals and frequencies as described in more detail on the PayPal website.
"Recurring Payments" means the optional feature associated with Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal that, with the consent of your customer, enables you to set up payments that recur at specified intervals and frequencies, as described in more detail on the PayPal website.
"Risk Controls" means the optional feature available to certain users of the Products that provide a merchant with the option of changing certain controls to accept or decline transactions with a higher likelihood of risk.
"Transaction Fees" means the fees provided in Section 2(b) of this Pro/VT Agreement. Note, if you use certain optional PayPal Services, certain additional fees may apply to your transactions on a per transaction basis, as outlined in Section 2(c); however, these are not included in this definition.
"Virtual Terminal" means the PayPal Service that enables you to receive a Card payment by manually entering Card Data given to you by a customer.
"Virtual Terminal Payment" means a payment processed by PayPal through the Virtual Terminal flows that is funded directly by a Card and not through a PayPal Account.
"Website Payments Pro" is defined under “Payments Pro”.
"Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition" is defined under “Payments Pro Payflow”.