Every time you check out with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal. That means every gift you give, every ugly sweater you order, and every charity you support is another chance to win. Let the holidays begin!Start Shopping
With every purchase of $10 or more, you'll be entered for a chance to win.
Buy now and split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments with no late fees!*
Your generosity this season could be well-rewarded.
On top of getting a chance to win when you checkout anywhere PayPal is accepted, we’re bringing you exclusive savings from the brands you love to help you get started.
If you’d rather opt out of the giveaway, just click here:Opt Out
*Pay in 4 is available to consumers upon approval for purchases of $30 - $1500. Pay in 4 is not currently available to residents of New Mexico, North Dakota, Missouri, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Nevada, Rhode Island, or any U.S. Territories. Loans to California residents are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License. PayPal, Inc. is a Georgia Installment Lender Licensee, NMLS #910457. For purchases made with Pay in 4 on or before September 30, 2021, late fees may apply for missed payments depending on your state of residency. When applying, a soft credit check may be needed, but will not affect your credit score. You must be of legal age in your U.S. state of residence to use Pay in 4. Offer availability depends on the merchant and also may not be available for certain recurring, subscription services. Offers are not pre-approved offers or firm offers of credit.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE HOLDERS OF A VALID U.S. PERSONAL OR PREMIER ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL IN GOOD STANDING (“VALID ACCOUNT”) BY 12:00:00 A.M.ON NOVEMBER 1, 2021 AND THROUGH THE TIME OF PRIZE AWARD. IT IS FREE TO SIGN UP FOR A PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
IMPORTANT: All $25, $50, and $250 prizes expire at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2021. If such prizes are not used by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2021, they will expire, and Sponsor will have no further responsibility to the winner.
1. Eligibility: The PayPal Holiday Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and Valid Account holders by 12:00:00 a.m. on November 1, 2021. Valid Account must be maintained in good standing through the time the prize is awarded. Use of Valid Account is subject to the PayPal User Agreement available at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full. Those with PayPal business accounts are not eligible to participate. Officers, directors, and employees of PayPal, Inc., Merkle Inc., and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, siblings, legal wards and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: PayPal, Inc., 2211 N. First Street San Jose, California 95131 (“Sponsor”). Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 (“Administrator”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on December 19, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"), and consists of seven (7) independent “Weekly Entry Periods” as set forth in the chart below. Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
|Starts at 12:00:00 a.m. ET||Ends as 11:59:59 p.m. ET||Approximate Drawing |
|1||November 1, 2021||November 7, 2021||November 11, 2021|
|2||November 8, 2021||November 14, 2021||November 18, 2021|
|3||November 15, 2021||November 21, 2021||November 25, 2021|
|4||November 22, 2021||November 28, 2021||December 2, 2021|
|5||November 29, 2021||December 5, 2021||December 9, 2021|
|6||December 6, 2021||December 12, 2021||December 16, 2021|
|7||December 13, 2021||December 19, 2021||December 23, 2021|
4. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Weekly Entry Periods:
By Making Qualified Payments: For each “Qualified Payment” (as defined below) that you make during a Weekly Entry Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period drawing associated with the time and date that the transaction is marked as “completed” in PayPal’s systems. As used in these Official Rules, the term “Qualified Payment” means a transaction of $10USD or more with your Valid Account: (a) via the PayPal checkout button, (b) via a donation with PayPal donation button or PayPal Giving Fund; or (c) using the QR code scan/pay functionality in the PayPal mobile app (where accepted). If you use your wireless mobile device to enter, data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to entering via your wireless mobile device. The following types of transactions using your Valid Account will not qualify as a Qualified Payment: (i) PayPal send and receive payments (including both Goods & Services and Friends & Family); (ii) the purchase or sale of any form of cryptocurrency using the PayPal service (except if cryptocurrency is selected as the payment method when using PayPal checkout); and (iii) payments made in connection with “Give at Check Out” (e.g., donations to charitable organizations made at the time of checkout) ([i]-[iii] are individually and collectively referred to herein as “Non-Eligible Payments”). You will not receive any entries into the Sweepstakes for any Non-Eligible Payments. A payment that is returned, refunded, result in a failed capture, or otherwise not marked as “completed” in PayPal’s systems during the applicable Weekly Entry Period will not be deemed a Qualified Payment and therefore will not result in an entry for the Weekly Entry Period drawing. If the Qualified Payment is ultimately completed, it will be included in the applicable Weekly Entry Period drawing.
PayPal does not offer any tax advice regarding donations. Before donating to charity with PayPal under these Official Rules, you should consult your own tax, legal, financial, or other advisor as appropriate. If you checkout with cryptocurrency, it will first be sold and the merchant will be paid in fiat currency. You will have to report any gains or losses on the crypto sale on your taxes. PayPal will provide necessary 1099 forms when you sell cryptocurrency.
If you make Qualified Payments during the Promotion Period but wish to opt-out of this Sweepstakes: Locate the banner on our “Promotional Site” at www.paypal.com/us/giveaway, follow the instructions to log in with your PayPal credentials and agree to opt out. Upon receipt, you will be removed from all subsequent prize drawings.
Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
Limit on Entries: Limit fifty (50) entries per Weekly Entry Period per Valid Account regardless of method of entry.
Weekly Entry Periods are independent and non-winning entries will not roll over into subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Valid Account or email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Valid Accounts, or any other fraudulent methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes drawings and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. For each Weekly Entry Period, Administrator will randomly select the potential winners for that Weekly Entry Period from among all eligible entries received for that Weekly Entry Period on or around the dates listed in the chart in Section 3. The potential winners will be notified by the email associated with their Valid Account. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an IRS Form W-9 and provide additional verification documents which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, declines the prize, fails to sign and return the requested documents or provide requested information within the required time period (where applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries; however, only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: There are four types of prizes available in each Weekly Entry Period. The quantity of each type of prize available is different for each Weekly Entry Period. The prizes available for each Weekly Entry Period are set forth in the table below. The four prizes that are available are as follows: (i) Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) cash to be transferred to the winner’s Valid Account, subject to verification described above in Section 6; (ii) Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($250.00) to shop or donate with PayPal; (iii) Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to shop or donate with PayPal; and (iv) Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) to shop or donate with PayPal. Prizes are subject to additional terms set forth below.
|Week 1 |
|Week 2 |
|Week 3 |
|Week 4 |
|Week 5 |
|Week 6 |
|Week 7 |
All winners must have a U.S. Valid Account at time of prize award in order to receive, access, and use the prize. A prize will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account. Retail value of each prize is the value stated in Column 1 above.
Receipt and use of the prizes are subject to the terms of the PayPal User Agreement (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full). Depending on how you decide to use your prize, the transaction may be subject to PayPal’s standard fees (Learn more about our fees: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees, which are subject to change).
IMPORTANT INFO FOR $10,000 PRIZES: You need to have or open a PayPal Balance account to use and maintain a PayPal balance. If you do not have or open a PayPal Balance account, you can only transfer your cash prize to your bank account or debit card linked to PayPal.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR $25/$50/$250 VALUE PRIZES: These prizes may be redeemed on any Qualified Payment and may not be redeemed on any Non-Eligible Payment. If you do not use the prize by December 31, 2021, it will expire and Sponsor will have no further responsibility to you. Prizes will be viewable in the “Wallet” section of your Valid Account. Use of the prize will be reflected on your PayPal receipt and/or in the transaction details of your Valid Account.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize during any of the Weekly Entry Periods depend on the number of eligible entries received for each applicable Weekly Entry Period. Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) prize for each Weekly Entry Period. $25/$50/$250 Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 5 days of winner confirmation. $10,000 prizes will be fulfilled within 4 weeks of winner confirmation. Total value of all prizes is $20,000,000.
7. Release: By participating, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Apple Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, members, representatives, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) void participation of any participant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play in this Sweepstakes; (b) disqualify any participant at any time (even if disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere), if Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that such participant is ineligible, in violation of the Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (c) restrict or void entries or participation from any entrant if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected; (d) subject to any governmental approval that is legally required, cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and distribute the prizes in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, acts of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction; (e) disqualify any participant that supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of the Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize (and in such case, that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law). Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Limitations of Liability: Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any promotion-related advertisements or other materials; (6) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; (7) if an entrant’s e-mail address, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes-related activity, or directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise relating in any way to or arising out of the Sweepstakes or the Official Rules will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Disputes section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that except where prohibited, (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an appropriate Delaware State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
13. Winner List: Visit https://bit.ly/2Z6mxTU for a list of the grand prize winners. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple Inc. is not a sponsor and does not have any involvement with this Sweepstakes.