PayPal offers more than just a quick checkout. When you pay with PayPal, you will be covered for the full purchase price of your eligible eBay or merchant item plus its original postage costs*. So go ahead, shop with confidence. PayPal is with you every step of the way.Have issues with a transaction?
All the tools, tips, and resources you need to resolve problems are located in one place. Simply go to the Resolution Center and follow the instructions.What eligible transactions are covered?
On eBay purchases
PayPal protects you when you don't receive an eBay item you've bought, or if an item you've received is significantly not as described by the seller. To determine your purchase protection on eBay, check the item description page, e.g. for "Pay with PayPal and your full purchase price is covered" or "Get PayPal Buyer Protection when you pay with PayPal".
On Merchant purchases
When you don't receive a merchant item you've bought, you are also covered.How do I qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection?
- Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on qualifying eBay websites**.
- Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments are not eligible.
- Send the payment to the seller through:
- the Pay Now button
- the eBay invoice
- the 'Send Money' tab on your PayPal Account Overview page by selecting "Pay for eBay Items" and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number.
- in the case of item not receive only, on Merchants: the "Send Money" tab on the PayPal website by clicking the "Purchase" tab, or the seller's PayPal checkout flow
- Open a dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment, and escalate the dispute into a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
Learn more on eligibilities and coverage details.
Note: If your purchase was made from a seller outside of your country, it may take longer for the item to arrive. Before you file a dispute or claim, make sure you've left adequate time for delivery which could take several weeks, depending on where there seller is located.
* In the case of a significantly-not-as-described claim, it's the buyer's responsibility to pay for return posting costs, if necessary.
**Most eBay websites have PayPal Buyer Protection. However, before you make your purchase, please check our terms or the eBay item description.